Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

With Fall Semester under way, Ohio State’s Arts Initiative has prepared a full lineup of displays for the Urban Arts Space in downtown Columbus. Planned exhibits include a look at disease, sculpture and the evolving culture of China.

Running through Sept. 6 is the PULL LEFT exhibition, a collaboration between an OSU art professor and Beijing gallery Taikang Space, at the Urban Arts Space. The exhibition includes the work of 15 Chinese contemporary artists.

Then from Sept. 6 to Oct. 4, the Urban Arts Space is set to display “Art in the Shadows,” a photographic exhibition by Amy Joehlin-Price, a resident pathologist at the Wexner Medical Center. The exhibit shows microscopic images of human disease, which “sheds light on the beauty of biopsy and surgical tissue as seen through the microscope,” according to the Urban Arts Space website.

The Urban Arts Space is also set for a photographic display of High Street from Sept. 25 to Nov. 8, titled “25 ON HIGH.” The display was inspired by a similar photography project that was led by Clay Lowe in 1973. A reception will be held for the exhibit Sept. 30.

Terry Allen is set to have his drawings displayed at the Urban Arts Space from Sept. 25 to Nov. 8. The exhibit, “Possible Impossible,” is in conjunction with the dedication of Allen’s sculpture for Scioto Mile Park and will display sketches based on his public commissions.

Students in the Bachelor of Fine Arts program are also set to display senior projects at the Urban Arts Space from Dec. 2 to 20.

This is the fifth of five stories The Lantern will run this week previewing the upcoming works of Ohio State’s arts programs. The series also includes music, theater, film and dance.