Ohio State men’s basketball’s 2014-15 non-conference schedule announced

August 18, 2014

seamon.17@osu.edu
OSU coaches (from left) Dave Dickerson, Jeff Boals, Thad Matta and Greg Paulus look on during a game against Penn State Jan. 29 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU lost, 71-70, in overtime. The coaches wore tennis shoes to show support for Coaches v. Cancer. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

OSU coaches (from left) Dave Dickerson, Jeff Boals, Thad Matta and Greg Paulus look on during a game against Penn State Jan. 29 at the Schottenstein Center. OSU lost, 71-70, in overtime. The coaches wore tennis shoes to show support for Coaches v. Cancer.
Credit: Lantern file photo

The non-conference schedule for the Ohio State men’s basketball 2014-15 season was announced by coach Thad Matta Monday.

The Buckeyes’ season will be its first in the three-year, newly-launched CBS Sports Classic, which pits OSU against North Carolina Dec. 20 at Chicago’s United Center. The round-robin style tournament will also see Duke match up against UCLA this season, while OSU is scheduled to play Kentucky in 2015 and UCLA in 2016.

OSU’s regular season is set to begin Nov. 14 against University of Massachusetts Lowell at the Schottenstein Center.

After playing Marquette on Nov. 18 at home for their second game of the season, the Buckeyes are slated to travel to Louisville on Dec. 2 as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. The Buckeyes currently hold a 6-6 record in the tournament, and the face-off will be OSU’s 13th game of all-time in the challenge.

The team is set to play North Carolina A&T on Dec. 17 in Nationwide Arena in Columbus, satisfying an NCAA requirement “to play a regular-season game at the site where 2015 NCAA Tournament Second and Third Round games will be played,” according to a press release.

Games against Sacred Heart on Nov. 23, Campbell on Nov. 26, James Madison on Nov. 28 and Colgate Dec. 6 are part of the 2014 Buckeye Classic.

The Big Ten Conference schedule is set to be released at a later date, according to an OSU press release.

2014-15 Ohio State Men’s Basketball Non-Conference Schedule

Nov. 9 — Walsh (exhibition)

Nov. 14 — UMass-Lowell

Nov. 18 — Marquette

Nov. 23 — Sacred Heart

Nov. 26 — Campbell

Nov. 28 — James Madison

Dec. 2 — at Louisville

Dec. 6 — Colgate

Dec. 10 — High Point

Dec. 13 — Morehead State

Dec. 17 — North Carolina A&T at Nationwide Arena

Dec. 20 — North Carolina at United Center, Chicago

Dec. 22 — Miami (Ohio)

Dec. 27 — Wright State

1. MIKE REILLY says:

This non-conference home schedule is an insult to Ohio State fans. I understand now why season tickets had to be renewed before the schedule was released. Hard to believe highly paid Gene Smith would approve such a weak schedule sure to produce empty seats and less concession sales.

2. It’s actually a great and useful piece of info.
    I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us.
    Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

3. I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website.
    It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more
    enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?

Exceptional work!