Ohio State’s Braxton Miller reinjures shoulder

August 18, 2014

moody.178@osu.edu
OSU senior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) carries the ball during practice at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center Aug. 9. Credit: Mark Batke / Lantern photo editor

OSU senior quarterback Braxton Miller (5) carries the ball during practice at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center Aug. 9.
Credit: Mark Batke / Lantern photo editor

Ohio State senior quarterback Braxton Miller has re-injured his shoulder at practice after saying he was “100 percent” Monday morning, a source close to the team told The Lantern TV Monday evening.

According to the source, Miller is expected to undergo an MRI on Tuesday.

The severity of the injury, as well as how long Miller will be out, was not yet clear as of Monday night.

Miller, who missed two full games and most of another in 2013 because of a knee injury, initially injured his shoulder during OSU’s season-ending loss to Clemson in the Orange Bowl. He underwent offseason shoulder surgery before sitting out all of spring practice.

OSU had two practice sessions Monday. Miller and co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Tom Herman met with the media in between.

Miller and Herman both said the signal-caller had soreness in his shoulder and was limited in practice, but was expected to be ready to go for the Buckeyes’ first game of the season Aug. 30.

The Huber Heights, Ohio, native was expected to be a Heisman candidate this season –– his third as the outright starter for the Buckeyes.

News of Miller’s injury was first reported Monday night by The Columbus Dispatch.

OSU is scheduled to begin its 2014 season Aug. 30 against Navy at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. Kickoff is set for noon.

1. blake geris says:

Sounds like another one of President Drake and the BoT’s shady plans to ruin someone’s career. The MRI was a rush to judgment. His shoulder was actually healing, but they didn’t give it a chance. Shame on them! Harrison Hove, we need you to uncover the TRUTH! #BandLogic #Conspiracies

2. Anonymous says:

Another reason Meyer sucks

3. My 2 Sons says:

You know what? After reading the article twice, I realized that it didn’t say anything that most people didn’t realize already. When did he hurt it, how bad is he hurt, how long is he out, etc..? No of those questions answered. And how in the WORLD does this have anything to do with Meyer?

4. My two cents says:

Earthquake? Blame Drake.

Cane’s outta chicken? Blame Drake.

Braxton injured? Blame Drake.