Electronic pop vocalist Lorde is set to perform  on Sept. 23 at the LC Pavilion. Credit: Courtesy of the Windish Agency

Electronic pop vocalist Lorde is set to perform on Sept. 23 at the LC Pavilion.
Credit: Courtesy of the Windish Agency

You might usually be able to catch her down at the tennis court, but on Tuesday, Lorde is set to belt out her electronic pop rock tunes at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion.

Marissa Luther, marketing director for PromoWest Productions, said she and PromoWest are ecstatic for Lorde’s performance.

“We are thrilled to be bringing Lorde to Columbus,” Luther said. “We are very excited for her show and can’t wait to see her perform.”

Lorde is the stage name of New Zealander 17-year-old singer and songwriter Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor. 

Lorde became one of the youngest solo artists to have a No. 1 single on the Billboard Top 100 with her song “Royals” late last year. 

In 2014, Lorde  has won a Grammy for Song of the Year for the single, as well as Best Pop Solo Performance and an MTV Video Music Award for Best Rock Video.

OSU student Jaelani Turner-Williams, a second-year in journalism, said it was hard for her to escape hearing Lorde’s hit song.

“I lived with five other girls last year, and they’d all sing ‘Royals,’” Turner-Williams said. “It was the first song I’ve ever heard by her.”

“Royals” is the third of 10 tracks off of Lorde’s debut album, “Pure Heroine.” After the release of “Pure Heroine” on Sept. 27, 2013, an extended version of the album was released Dec. 13.

Turner-Williams said one of her favorite songs by Lorde is “Biting Down,” which talks about understanding something greater through the small moments of intensity in life.

Zaneta Block, a third-year in construction systems management, didn’t know Lorde was coming to Columbus. However, she said she was excited upon hearing the news.

“I think her style is a little strange, but she can really sing,” Block said.

Block’s favorite song by Lorde is “Tennis Court.”

“I first became a fan of her the summer of 2013,” Block said. “My boyfriend is a DJ and had me listen to her.”

Tickets for Lorde are set at $42.50 in advance. Doors for the show open at 7 p.m. at the LC Pavilion, which is located at 405 Neil Ave.