Home » Campus » Area » Man caught sexually assaulting woman in off-campus garage

Man caught sexually assaulting woman in off-campus garage

Randy Graham Jr. was arrested and charged with rape and kidnapping of a 21-year-old woman early Saturday morning near E. 12th Avenue. Credit: Courtesy of Columbus Division of Police.

Randy Graham Jr. was arrested and charged with rape and kidnapping of a 21-year-old woman early Saturday morning near E. 12th Avenue.
Credit: Courtesy of Columbus Division of Police.

A man was caught sexually assaulting a woman in a vacant off-campus garage early Saturday morning by a Columbus Division of Police bike patrol, according to a CPD release.

The officers were patrolling the E. 12th Avenue area shortly before 2 a.m. when they shined flashlights in the vacant garage and saw a white man on top of a woman on the ground in “what appeared to be sexual intercourse,” according to the release.

After intervening, the officers learned the 21-year-old woman was coerced into the garage by 36-year-old Randy Graham Jr., who was arrested and charged with rape and kidnapping.

The man frequents the Ohio State campus area, according to a post on CPD’s Facebook page.

The woman was treated at a local hospital, according to the release.

The female was not an OSU student, and Graham’s address was listed as homeless, CPD public information officer Denise Alex-Bouzounis said.

1. The Real Ohio State Inc. (tm)

In prison, he’ll be the pie

2. OSU needs more police on the force. Period.

3. Okay buuuuut…where was my buckeye alert. Buckeye alert texts for a tornado warning TEST but not for this?

4. I do like these bicycle patrols. They see and hear so much more and can access quickly venues that would be much more problematic for police patrolling in cars. What heroes those cops must be to the woman they rescued.

5. Seriously. Thank you CPD.