Home » Sports » Football » Ohio State student tackled on field, charged with criminal trespassing

Ohio State student tackled on field, charged with criminal trespassing

An Ohio State student faces criminal trespassing charges after he was tackled by assistant strength coach Anthony Schlegel — a former OSU linebacker — because he ran onto the football field during a game.

Anthony James Wunder was identified as the fan who made it onto the field in the middle of a second-quarter play during Ohio State’s game against Cincinnati on Saturday. He was tackled by Schlegel near the 50-yard line, and hauled off the field by the assistant coach and event staff.

An OSU directory search said 21-year-old Wunder is a mechanical engineering student at OSU.

Wunder is being charged with criminal trespassing for his escapade on the field, according to the Franklin County Municipal Court website. He was taken to the Franklin County Jail but later posted bond.

His first court date is scheduled for Monday at 9 a.m.

Wunder declined to comment Sunday afternoon.

1. #IDIOT #FakeFrat #EvansScholars

2. I imagine that bag around his waist wasn’t filled with apple juice…

3. Good luck in your future college career at the University of Phoenix, Knucklehead.

4. While we can all agree that this behavior is not acceptable, did such excessive force have to be used to take him off the field? Coach Schlegel clearly had the young man stopped, and then decided to forcefully slam him down onto the field…then with the assistance of event staff, the student was taken to the sidelines where Coach Shlegel clearly choked the student by grabbing a handful of his shirt (as seen in the pictures). Yes, this behavior needs to be punished…but let the Franklin County Municipal Court handle that. There is no need to humiliate and make a physically violent example of this student who clearly made a very bad decision.

5. He Excessive Force…..You ask the question and then you proceed to answer based on your own opinion. My opinion? It was not excessive. The message is clear to any drunken fool that tries this in the future…you will be hurt.

6. Not Excessive Force

Fans who run onto the field are often tackled. Since you don’t know what the fan is going to do — remember the father and son who assaulted the first base coach at a White Sox game years ago? — I think the coach’s actions were reasonable and warranted.

7. all bubble-blowing babies.....

All bubble-blowing babies will be beaten senseless by every able bodied patron in the bar.

8. Brat!! Suspend him from school the rest of the semester. Sick of these punks getting basically a slap on the wrist and be better off than the ones who always do the right thing!

9. There’s no doubt about it he has to be expelled. That was a serious move for the children.

10. Definitely excessive force

Hey appropriate action. Who’s opinion was excessive force supposed to give? Yours? Wow what a sin. Giving your opinion on a COMMENT FORUM. Just the fact that you decried him or her for doing it an then turned around and did the same thing tells me your opinion is the one thats lacking. Anybody who is that ready to do that level of violence to anyone, let alone one of their OWN FANS has serious problems. It speaks volumes as to what kind of person that coach is. As if those football players need the coach to protect them. Gimme a break. Id like to know what the fans injuries are. It looked like he could possibly have broken his collar bone but the article didnt bother to tell us.

11. During the play? of the game? You really are suggesting that during this emotional event, the coach, the first one to come in proximity of this clown, should what? Talk him down?!?! Just so that another dozen idiots could follow his lead?

It’s football! He stepped onto the playing field during a play. Idiots have done this type of thing before, as mentioned above.

No problem. Next time, let one of the helmeted players take him down. BOOM!

12. Typical Ohio State d0uch3 complete with sperry loafers, j crew pants and sh1tty visor. No wonder their reputation continues to sink in Ohio. Combine the worst fans in all of sports with the most ghetto team in college football and you wind up with a mass exodus from the b-u-t-t-h01e of Ohio. Just look at the map. That’s what Columbus is!

13. Definitely excessive force

Dale Nawrocki I expected him to ket security do their job and chase him down. Then he can do some days in jail and pay his fine. This coach knocked the crap out of him just for kicks. It was a disgusting display of unnecessary aggression. Speaks volumes about the kind of person he is. Hope he’s not married.

14. man it’s not obvious to see where you are from is it? This isn’t the only time it has happened. Having said that it was a stupid thing to do and he got what he deserved

15. It looks like Anthony under hired an attorney and plead “NOT GUILTY” in court today. Does anyone have the news? Too bad the kid is missing classes and his future to deal with his drunk poor behavior.

16. All you Excessive Force people are clowns

Anyone crying “excessive force” need to go home and rethink your life.

This kid charged an active field, during a play. Being tossed to the ground is the least that he deserved, given the stupid action he took just so he’d have a few moments of fame. By the way, son, your few moments of fame are online, so good luck getting a job in the future.

But what’s worse? Being tossed by a coach in a way that didn’t leave him injured (cept for any minor bruising) or getting hit by a lineman with pads and helmet during the middle of a game? The kid made his choice. You’d do well to turn down Sarah McLaughlin “Arms of an Angel” and feigning a holier than thou art attitude by punishing people who are doing their jobs. This student isn’t a victim. If you’ve gotten that confused, you really are lost in life.

17. To all of you who say it wasnt excessive I would like to pose one question. I see comments about the Monica Seles incident as well as the baseball coach being attacked being used as reasons to justify the actions of the coach. My question is would all of you feel the same way if it was a pretty female student who pulled the stupid stunt and the coach took the same action? My guess is that your opinion would change even though the female student could have absolutely posed just as much of a threat.

18. Definitely excessive force

Exactly bigfish. People who think this was just run-of-the-mill behavior on the part of that coach have been watching too much WWE.

And to “clown”. The coach wasn’t doing his job. Not even close. They pay a lot of guys money to do security there that were trying to do that when big tough coach stepped in. No, I don’t need to rethink my life and I’m not playing any Sarah mcglachlan. I just happen to know a jack ass when I see one. And instead of me just seeing ONE jackass running around the field and then getting carted off by security I saw two jackasses. Two wrongs don’t make a right buddy. You need to check yourself if you are telling people who don’t like violent behavior to rethink their life.

19. Thankfully this tard didn’t yell ‘jihad’ suddenly disappear in a deafening blast, a fine red mist and a hail of shrapnel. Good job coach! Stupid should be painful. Very painful. And I pray it was and will be.

You cry babies whining about excessive force should read the back of you next admission ticket and consider the REAL world and praise the coach who unknowingly could have been blown to bits.

And hopefully rump-wipe pays a harsh price and reconsiders his beverage selection at his next tailgate. Sheesh.

20. Fax 8775716997

If this seems like overposting, I generally publish when I’ve been assaulted, or when my privacy is ignored, or when my cats cry out in pain by some assault of government. if you see three postings in a row, as sometimes happens, it just means i’ve been assaulted, or my cats assaulted, or my privacy invaded, three times lately. the other day it was a flash energy assault aimed at my temple/top of my head. literally thousands of such assaults over the past decade, I’m sure that estimate is accurate….the other day one of my cats was bleeding, hair missing from its back, and two of them actually had scabs and radiation bumps on their back as a result of being shot with energy weaponry. A cat that was hospitalized by energy attacks and food tampering less than a year ago was groaning in pain from energy attacks , and they’re induced to vomit constantly . for many years my cats were crying out in pain from energy attacks –several times a day over many years. they’re still being attacked, and are crawling with fleas despite the application of frontline or advantage products every few weeks–the community is actually putting bogus or weak products on the market in retaliation. they knocked one of my cats off a ledge the other day, 15 foot drop, and have induced another of my cats to run off twice, a cat that is very docile and usually doesn’t even want to go outside/agitated by being shot with energy weaponry. i contacted the aspca in 2007, and after that could only find work fundraising for abused animals, the community’s own form of symbolic punishment. not a bad job, though the idea that they manipulated my circumstance to this extent is ridiculous. My entire apt. is being heated by radiation, more than 10x the norm, causing my cats to noticeably sweat–you could probably measure it from space.
    The federal government of course has all the power in the world to stop it. My tooth was knocked out in increments, over a 2 year span by energy weaponry assaults, for stating and proving the crimes committed by the federal government, absolute torture, like having a tooth drilled without novocaine for several hours. in 1997 i was made homeless by community manipulation; in an 8 or 9 month span i had a gun to my head, was knocked out, and was intentionally run down by a car and taken by ambulance to a hospital, believe it or not, to the laughter of the community.
    the federal government has admitting to torturing, and of course that’s a per se violation of the 8th amendment, though it should also be regarded as criminal.
    If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth, right? The Democrats’ great accomplishment is producing the political equivalent of a Rodney King video, clearly demonstrating the lies of the right, the right Hilary Clinton correctly identified as a vast conspiracy. Confirm by examining Central District of California Cases, 01-4340, 03-9097, 08-5515, 10-5193, US Tax Court 12000-07L –though I think you want to view my US Tax Court Appeal to the 9th Circuit for a good account of their day to day assaults, a few month time slice indicative of a decade of assault, and more recently 9th Circuit case 11-56043.

21. ^^^^Dafuqqqq?????

22. I thought the tackle, the arrest and the loss of scholarship were all appropriate. The only aspect of the affair I find objectionable is the obvious contempt the coach directed at the student. The coach showed a lack of emotional control, and the kind of extra personal rage that, if exhibited by a police officer, would suggest a lack of professionalism.

(The loss of scholarship sounds harsh, but really, the kid will have to pay one semester of in-state tuition for his four-year degree — cry me a river!)

23. If this seems like overposting, I generally publish when I’ve been assaulted, or when my privacy is ignored, or when my cats cry out in pain by some assault of government. if you see three postings in a row, as sometimes happens, it just means i’ve been assaulted, or my cats assaulted, or my privacy invaded, three times lately. the other day it was a flash energy assault aimed at my temple/top of my head. literally thousands of such assaults over the past decade, I’m sure that estimate is accurate….the other day one of my cats was bleeding, hair missing from its back, and two of them actually had scabs and radiation bumps on their back as a result of being shot with energy weaponry. A cat that was hospitalized by energy attacks and food tampering less than a year ago was groaning in pain from energy attacks , and they’re induced to vomit constantly . for many years my cats were crying out in pain from energy attacks –several times a day over many years. they’re still being attacked, and are crawling with fleas despite the application of frontline or advantage products every few weeks–the community is actually putting bogus or weak products on the market in retaliation. they knocked one of my cats off a ledge the other day, 15 foot drop, and have induced another of my cats to run off twice, a cat that is very docile and usually doesn’t even want to go outside/agitated by being shot with energy weaponry. i contacted the aspca in 2007, and after that could only find work fundraising for abused animals, the community’s own form of symbolic punishment. not a bad job, though the idea that they manipulated my circumstance to this extent is ridiculous. My entire apt. is being heated by radiation, more than 10x the norm, causing my cats to noticeably sweat–you could probably measure it from space.