Home » Campus » Website ranks Ohio State men No. 2 most attractive

Website ranks Ohio State men No. 2 most attractive

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Extra bicep curls and routine glances in the mirror might be paying off for the men of Ohio State.

University Primetime, a college lifestyle blog, recently named OSU as one of the top 50 schools with the most attractive men. Female Buckeyes, however, didn’t do so well in a similar ranking on the website.

Coming in at No. 2, male Buckeyes fell right behind the men of the University of Wisconsin.

Others to make the top 5 included Duke University at No. 3, Stanford University at No. 4 and University of Washington at No. 5.

OSU men are desirable in part because of their commitment to academics and fitness, said Jake Meronoff, a first-year in exercise science.

“(OSU) is a very selective place to get into, so females see that as attractive because we are the best of the best and also if you look around the gym, everyone is working out,” Meronoff said. “All the guys work out quite a bit and they find that as being another desirable quality.”

Meronoff said he watches his diet and works out six to seven times per week to keep up his appeal.

Others, like Ryan Walker, a first-year in accounting, said good looks come easy.

“I just work out a lot, but to be honest a lot of it is just natural,” Walker said.

Some students, like Chloe Knoell, a first-year in health profession exploration, said she likes how most OSU men are well-groomed.

“A lot of guys are actually really good at doing their hair here, which is something that is attractive,” Knoell said.

Others, like Amanda Brehm, a second-year in exploration, said she appreciates how polite OSU men are.

“I like when Ohio State boys hold the door open for you and you say, ‘Thank you’ and they say, ‘Of course’ — they’re very generous and chivalrous,” Brehm said.

Brehm said she was disappointed, however, that the women of OSU weren’t ranked in the blog’s list of 50 colleges with the most attractive women.

“We should definitely be above Michigan,” Brehm said.

Wolverine women were ranked No. 28. Coming in at No. 1 was the University of Arizona.

To step up their game, Brehm said women should join a fitness class.

“It would give them confidence and a booty,” she said. “It would give them confidence to go up to boys and have fun.”

Meronoff said he agreed, saying it seems as though more men work out at OSU than women.

“It would be nice to see a lot more (women) working out because I personally think — being an exercise science major — that females that are fit are the most attractive because they are willing to put the time in … and that’s an attractive quality, showing that they care about their body more than chilling in the dorm,” he said.

Knoell also said she agreed OSU women should have at least been ranked.

“There are a lot of really attractive girls here,” she said.

Based on his observation, though, Walker said OSU women should be on the list, too.

“I think they should have (been) ranked a lot higher,” he said. “We got some girls in our dorm that are pretty attractive — my girlfriend goes here and she’s a 10 out of 10, guaranteed.”

1. Really?! You would post this as a legit article?

2. Anyone who thinks OSU women need to be ranked is wearing horse blinders to class…

3. And we wonder why we have Title IX problems when THIS is considered a real story buy the campus paper…
    SMH…

4. Is this satire? This must be satire.

5. The Lantern has never been more illuminating.

6. Because the only two options available to women in their free time are working out and chilling.

7. Besides the already noted commentary… this article seems to only acknowledge heterosexual couples.

8. Roman Dead Lifting this to the top of the most commented list.

9. Journalism- now defined as taking the most stupid quotes you can find, and typing them under an eye-catching headline. Thanks Obama.

10. Ok, but no seriously can we take this down now?

11. Extra bicep curls and routine glances in the mirror might be paying off for the Lantern.

12. The Lantern, a college lifestyle blog, recently named OSU as one of the top 50 schools with the most attractive men. Female Buckeyes, however, didn’t do so well in a similar ranking on the website.

13. The Lantern is desirable in part because of its commitment to academics and fitness, said Jake Meronoff, a first-year in exercise science.

14. “The Lantern is a very selective place to get into, so females see that as attractive because we are the best of the best and also if you look around the newsroom, everyone is working out,” Meronoff said. “All the guys work out quite a bit and they find that as being another desirable quality.”

15. The Lantern said it watches its diet and works out six to seven times per week to keep up its appeal.

16. This has to be the work of the Fake Lantern. Surely, the Lantern would have more professional worth than to publish this drivel.

17. As an active and engaged female member of the OSU student body I’ve been asking myself again and again “what can I do to be a better member of the OSU campus community?” This article made it super clear – step my game up in the gym! I mean, as Meronoff so eloquently put it “females that are fit are the most attractive because they are willing to put the time in”. This article was incredibly informative! THANKS!

18. “It would be nice to see a lot more (women) working out because I personally think — being an exercise science major — that females that are fit are the most attractive because they are willing to put the time in … and that’s an attractive quality, showing that they care about their body more than chilling in the dorm,” The Lantern, an actual publication with a budget, distribution network and paid staff of grown-ass adults published today.

19. unconfident female

I think I will work out more to help my confidence. Maybe I can do that while I wait 6 weeks for an appt with Consultation Services? #OSUpriorities

20. tbt is it appropriate to gather all of the copies of the Lantern on the South Oval and burn them?

21. I’m so glad the graphic does an adequate summary of the article, so I don’t have to waste my time reading it.

22. ^^ tbt in reference to The Lantern article “Schuerger’s flaws destroyed the USG dream”, which also happens to be an example of a time when The Lantern produced quality journalism.

23. Update: OSU women last in MRS degree graduation rates.

24. #notallmen rank as number 2, #yesallwomen don’t make the cut

25. As a men’s rights activist I think that the inflammatory comments about this being bad journalism or sexist is BS. This is clearly an objective demonstration of the fact that men tend to do better than girls. Stats, bi*ch.

26. lol heard BJ Schuerger was hitting up Mitchell’s steak house for a serving job. tbt.

27. Well I hope this website doesn’t judge us based on the Lantern’s journalistic quality, because we apparently wouldn’t fare much better then OSU women.

28. We ain’t come here to play SCHOOL. We come here to play GYM.

29. This article is a product OSU’s new Vapid Response Team

30. of* – but it’s ok, The Lantern editors probably wouldn’t have caught that either.

31. Vote goat??

32. The moose is loose! 2015!

33. Title IX.....? Nevermind.....

Glad to know all the confidence I need I can get from my booty.

34. The fact that you guys get paid to produce this crap is astounding.

35. I think we’ve hit the point where calling The Lantern vapid is actually giving them too much credit.

36. Did the misogynistic nature of these student voice comments slip past an editor somehow?

37. Ladies of OSU,

You’re welcome.

38. I’m very disappointed that the Lantern would put out such a sexist piece. Women should work out more? Chivalry? Really? All I can say is: WOW! I hope this is satire!

39. I think the lantern could report better news than this sexist garbage. Step up your game Lantern. Seriously.

40. BRB gotta go work on my booty so I can be attractive and confident enough for the no.2 most attractive men! Right after I do some homework, go to class, go to work, hang out with my girlfriend, and tell virtually everyone I know about this sexist/heterosexist “news”.

41. School of Communications Alum

As an OSU School of Communication alum, this is appalling. This shows absolutely no value in such a prestigious school at a top ranked university. Wake up, staff.

42. This article raises a lot of red flags psychologically. And having a good physique and appearance is not the way to bring improvement to the OSU Community. Please delete this sexist article.

43. “if you look around the gym everyone is working out.” Really? People are working out at the gym. When did that happen?

44. @Brutus Buckeye Absolutely Right!

45. Like 95% of men are walking piles of trash yet get recognized for being mediocre. Showering? Taking 5 minutes to do your hair? God, some of them even hold open doors. Oh, and some also have a masculinity complex. But women, women should work out more so men can feel more comfortable.

Plus I love how women are largely referred to as “females” while men get referred to as men. Glad to know women can’t be more than their bodies.

46. Was definitely hoping this would be removed by now.

47. Logan Hickman be like

Thank Jesus a decomposing body was found off campus, now we can bury this story

48. Well, I see I can just keep on playing xbox cause I’m doin just fine with the ladies.
    Girls, when you get back from yoga, make me a sammich.
    -love, Logan

49. I mean sometimes someone holds the door open for me at Walgreens, but I’m not like “OMG Walgreens is the pharmacy with the hottest guys”

50. No article from Logan this week? Has he defected to the Fake Lantern?

Come on, I’m sure there are big issues out there for him to cover.

“OMG, she wore THAT to class? Totes embarrassing”
    “Bro cites realizing that PINK spelled in black is ironic as life changing event”
    “That one time that girl said that thing”
    “Juicy” on yoga pants, an empirical study”
    “The Kardashians think the Oval is too round… gross”

51. on what bases do u guys grade your census?

52. really thought this had been removed. what a shame.

53. This? This is why I laugh in the face of anyone who tells me that sexism isn’t a thing anymore. Go home, you troll. Or at least write an article that tells me something I actually want to know about my university that doesn’t generalize ENTIRE groups of human beings!

54. Was this written by a 14 year old? Jesus

55. these comments are what happens when you go against the “women are wonderful” effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%80%9CWomen_are_wonderful%E2%80%9D_effect). women can’t handle being told they aren’t perfect.

it’s why when men look at arnold schwarzenegger, they strive to become like him, so they work out and eat better. but when women look at marilyn monroe, they strive to rewrite reality to make marilyn monroe more like them by saying she was fat or a size 16 (she was actually smaller than a size 2).

56. A the other article in arts and entertainment about womens booties.
    It ought to link back to this one, just so the ladies can keep in mind what they ought to be working on.