Home » Campus » Area » Man throws rock at Buckeye Donuts, cracks window

Man throws rock at Buckeye Donuts, cracks window

Buckeye Donuts is located at 1998 N. High St. Credit: Mark Batke / Photo editor

Buckeye Donuts is located at 1998 N. High St.
Credit: Mark Batke / Photo editor

Buckeye Donuts was still open for business and serving doughnuts Thursday after a manager said a man hurled a rock at the storefront and cracked a window.

Manager Eric Bretschneider said the window was only cracked, not shattered, early Thursday morning, but he wasn’t too concerned about the incident.

“I do understand a lot more has been made of it than is actually the story,” Bretschneider said, referencing other media outlet reports he’d heard.

A Columbus Division of Police dispatcher said someone inside Buckeye Donuts, located at 1998 N. High St., called 911 shortly before 12:40 a.m. The caller told a 911 dispatcher that a white man in a white shirt and dark pants had just thrown a rock through the store’s window.

Bretschneider clarified the rock did not go through the storefront window. It only cracked the window, he said.

After heaving the rock at the Buckeye Donuts storefront, the suspect took off on foot toward construction across the street, the CPD dispatcher said.

The suspect was not caught and no arrests had been made as of Thursday afternoon, the dispatcher said.

Bretschneider said Thursday he did not know how much it would cost to repair the minor crack in the window. “It’s something for the end of Monday,” he said.

No one was injured in the incident.

1. Old Man Yells At Cloud

I don’t understand how this is news. It did happen and certainly took place near campus, but I do not understand how a rock thrown 40 minutes after midnight on a weeknight that did not injure anyone is considered news. Windows are cracked every day.

2. I am an alumni. This is news because this is your campus and this cannot go on. I spent much time studying in Buckeye donuts. I felt safe there. The anti social behavior of a sick person should concern you. Society is not much, but it is all we have.

3. Sorry I meant to say Alumus…never liked that rule, but I do have an English degree.