OSU then-sophomore midfielder Michela Paradiso approaches a defender during a game against Pittsburgh Aug. 28, 2013 at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. OSU won 2-0 Credit: Lantern file photo

OSU then-sophomore midfielder Michela Paradiso (9) approaches a defender during a game against Pittsburgh Aug. 28, 2013 at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. OSU won 2-0
Credit: Lantern file photo

The Ohio State women’s soccer team ended its weekend road trip with a double overtime draw against Minnesota and a loss to No. 13 Wisconsin.

The Buckeyes traveled to Minneapolis on Sunday to take on the Minnesota Golden Gophers for their second game in three days.

Minnesota got on the scoreboard early in the 11th minute when senior forward Olivia Schultz scored off an assist from junior defender Haley Helverson.

The Buckeyes tied the game up in the 33rd minute after sophomore midfielder Alexis Degler drilled a shot off of a Minnesota defender inside the right post after a corner kick by freshman midfielder Nikki Walts. Junior midfielder Michela Paradiso came close to giving OSU the lead late in the first half but her shot from 10 yards sailed over the crossbar.

The game remained tied heading into the half with OSU holding an 8-5 lead in shots, 2-1 on goal.

Senior midfielder Ellyn Gruber gave the Buckeyes a chance after gathering a loose ball but her shot from 12 yards was deflected by Minnesota sophomore goalkeeper Tarah Hobbs. Degler tried to give the team the lead in the 74th minute but missed a shot from 10 yards in the box.

In the final minutes of regulation, Minnesota sophomore defender Ashley Pafko had a wide open shot from eight yards away but redshirt-freshman goalkeeper Megan Geldernick made a leaping save to send the game into overtime.

The Buckeyes posted a 14-13 lead in shots during regulation while the Golden Gophers held a 6-4 advantage in shots on goal.

The Buckeyes got a few chances early in overtime but were unable to find the back of the net in the first 10 minutes. The game went to a second overtime with neither team finding a way to score.

OSU tallied a season-high 23 shots to Minnesota’s 17 with a 10-6 advantage in shots on goal to give the Buckeyes their first tie of the season.

On Friday, the Buckeyes traveled to face No. 13 Wisconsin.

The first half featured a lot of back-and-forth action between the teams. The game remained scoreless until the 44th minute when Wisconsin sophomore midfielder Rose Lavelle lofted a free kick past Geldernick to give the Badgers a 1-0 lead heading into halftime.

Through the first half, the Badgers held an 8-3 lead in shots and a 3-1 lead in shots on goal.

In the second half, the Badgers capped the scoring during the 65th minute when senior forward Cara Walls nailed a strike just under the crossbar.

OSU didn’t respond for the rest of the game, taking the shutout loss.

The Buckeyes fell to 5-7-1 overall and 2-4-1 in the Big Ten. The team’s next matchup is set for 7 p.m. Saturday against Maryland at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.