OSU football coach Urban Meyer addresses the media at the 2014 Big Ten Media Days July 28 in Chicago. Meyer was involved with one of 22 self-reported NCAA violations by OSU in the first half of 2014. Credit: Tim Moody / Lantern sports editor

OSU football coach Urban Meyer addresses the media at the 2014 Big Ten Media Days July 28 in Chicago. Meyer was involved with one of 22 self-reported NCAA violations by OSU in the first half of 2014.
Credit: Tim Moody / Lantern sports editor

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer spoke on the weekly Big Ten teleconference Tuesday afternoon and discussed the Buckeyes’ upcoming matchup with Rutgers as well as select players who have made an impact on the 2014 season.

• Meyer said senior defensive lineman Michael Bennett has an “incredible future.” He added that Bennett could fall anywhere from a first round pick to a late round pick in the 2015 NFL draft depending on his performance.
  • Meyer’s first comment about Rutgers was how impressed he is with its punt block team. He said he believes the Scarlet Knights are very aggressive and said they are one play from being undefeated.
  • Meyer said Rutgers senior quarterback Gary Nova had “the day of days” in his last game against Michigan. Meyer added the Buckeyes began preparing for Nova and the Scarlet Knights during the bye week.
  • He said sophomore defensive end Joey Bosa is a two-dimensional player in that he is skilled at pass rush and stopping the run. Meyer added that most players at that position are one dimensional.
  • The coach said his offense has “seen almost every defense you could imagine,” and added that the offense will not get caught again like it did against Virginia Tech.
  • Meyer said that while each offensive lineman has improved, redshirt-senior Darryl Baldwin stands out for his big improvements.
  • He said that although the line has improved, it is still “concern No. 1,” moving forward.

The Buckeyes are scheduled to take on the Scarlet Knights on Saturday at Ohio Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3:30 p.m.