Home » Campus » Area » 2 women held at gunpoint off-campus

2 women held at gunpoint off-campus

There has been a spike in off-campus burglaries compared to this time last year, a Columbus Police official said. Credit: Lantern file photoThere has been a spike in off-campus burglaries compared to this time last year, a Columbus Police official said. Credit: Lantern file photoThere has been a spike in off-campus burglaries compared to this time last year, a Columbus Police official said. Credit: Lantern file photo

Credit: Lantern file photo

An unidentified suspect held up two women at gunpoint Thursday night and then robbed one of them, according to a Columbus Division of Police web report.

It happened around Waldeck and East Frambes avenues shortly before midnight Thursday, the report states.

The report said the suspect brandished a gun and then demanded one of the women give up her wallet. The woman threw her wallet at the suspect, who then fled the scene without taking anything from the other woman.

The suspect took an estimated $30 worth of property from the victim, including her wallet, cash, credit cards and ID, according to the release.

Both women appear to be Ohio State students, according to the OSU directory.

Neither answered an email requesting comment as of Sunday afternoon.

According to the release, no one has been arrested in connection to the robbery.

1. Scared young woman

This is getting OUT OF CONTROL.

2. And the reason the Lantern is letting us know about this instead of a campus alert is what exactly?

3. The reason it is in the Lantern is a part of the osu campaign to convince people it is safer to live on campus, so that students will pay for 4 dorm years and few will protest.

4. The Lantern is just doing it’s job to inform people of what’s going on in the community. As a college town, criminals know that we’re an easy community to target. This unfortunately means that a lot of what’s going on in the community is crime. It’s not lies that they’re telling to convince people to stay on campus. Regretably, it’s the cold hard truth – and I’m glad that The Lantern is reporting it because that armed robbery essentially took place on my doorstep and I wouldn’t have known otherwise. (Why no alert?!)