Home » Campus » Area » Crime brief: People try to break into Ohio Stadium on Veterans Day

Crime brief: People try to break into Ohio Stadium on Veterans Day

Criminal trespassing

Two men tried to climb a fence and get into Ohio Stadium on Tuesday at about 1:30 a.m.

When a police officer approached the two as they were trying to hop over the fence on the west side of the stadium, one of them jumped down and joined someone on the outside of the stadium, while the other one joined a fourth person who was already inside the stadium. The two on the inside ran south through the stadium, according to a University Police report.

The officer had one of the people on the outside call the two who had ran through the stadium.

They reached the two people who ran through the ‘Shoe by phone. One of the four people said they “just wanted to see it.”

Possession of drugs

There were four reports of possession of drugs reported between Nov. 6 and Wednesday, including two reports in residence halls.

In one incident at a South Campus residence hall, a student said he was smoking marijuana because he needed to relax and suffered from arthritis. He was cooperative and he wasn’t criminally charged because of his “honesty and cooperation,” according to a police report.

Other reports

There was a sexual imposition reported at a West Campus residence hall.

Ohio Law defines sexual imposition as sexual contact in which the offender knows it will upset the victim, the victim is unaware of the contact or unable to “control the offender,” the victim is between 13 and 16 years old and the offender is older than 18, or the offender is a mental health professional and convinces the victim the “contact is necessary for mental health treatment.”

A female staff member reported the incident on Monday, but it occurred Oct. 13, according to a University Police report.

A man not affiliated with the university reported an assault at the main emergency department at the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center on Monday at about 7 p.m.

There were 13 thefts reported between Nov. 6 and Wednesday.

One comment

1. ….”we just wanted to see it”. Now THAT made Me laugh. Venerable Ohio Stadium truly IS the Cathedral of College Football and a Must See Site. I have been a Buckeye Fan for over 50 years, celebrated My 34th Anniversary since Graduating and STILL cannot get over the Majestic Feel of the Horseshoe. There is NO PLACE comparable……throw In The Team, TBDBITL and the Fans. For the Opponent, “Welcome to Hell”. Go Bucks!