The Ohio State football team remained at No. 6 in the College Football Playoff rankings which were announced Tuesday evening.

Staying at No. 6 marked the first time the Buckeyes did not jump in the rankings since they opened up the inaugural CFP rankings at No. 16 after a 31-24 double overtime win against Penn State Oct. 25.

OSU remains the highest ranked team in the Big Ten as Wisconsin fell in at No. 14 after escaping Iowa 26-24 while the Michigan State Spartans came in at No. 10 after routing Rutgers 45-3. The Minnesota Golden Gophers rounded out the Big Ten teams in the rankings coming in at No. 18.

The Badgers and Golden Gophers are set to play each other Saturday to determine who will take on the Buckeyes in the 2014 Big Ten Championship Game.

Alabama, Oregon, Florida State and Mississippi State rounded out the top four for the second straight week.

The College Football Playoff rankings were decided by a panel of 12 members, including Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez, Lt. Gen. Mike Gould and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. In total, the panel is set to consist of 13 members, but former Mississippi and NFL quarterback Archie Manning is taking a leave of absence because of health concerns.

OSU is scheduled to return to action Saturday against Michigan at Ohio Stadium. Kickoff is set for noon.

Complete rankings:

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. Florida State

4. Mississippi State

5. Texas Christian University

6. Ohio State

7. Baylor

8. UCLA

9. Georgia

10. Michigan State

11. Arizona

12. Kansas State

13. Arizona State

14. Wisconsin

15. Auburn

16. Georgia Tech

17. Missouri

18. Minnesota

19. Mississippi

20. Oklahoma

21. Clemson

22. Louisville

23. Boise State

24. Marshall

25. Utah