Home » Campus » Voter’s guide: A look at the Ohio ballot

Voter’s guide: A look at the Ohio ballot

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Clarification: Nov. 4, 2014. An earlier version of this graphic said Gov. John Kasich does not support the Affordable Care Act, when in fact, he does not support the act but supports the expansion of Medicaid. The graphic also said Anita Rios is in support of medical marijuana, when in fact, she is in favor of the legalization of marijuana.

1. Democratic who likes freedom of thought

This “article” is completely crap, and doesn’t even get it right on the issues

2. This is actually pathetic. What does it possibly mean that Kasich is “against” the ACA and Rios is “Medicaid expansion”? Considering Kasich signed off on Medicare expansion and Rios is for single-payer (which I suppose could be thought of as Medicaid expansion, but… what?) maybe this piece needed some reporting. You’ll also find from half a second on Rios’ website that she supports full mj legalization, not just medical. And how can Fitz’ gun views be “unknown”? Has he not been asked about it this cycle? And I can’t believe I have to defend Kasich here, but it didn’t strike you that you’ve framed each issue so he’d be “against”? I’m used to the lantern being terrible, but this is one of a few actual critical purposes a newspaper serves so please try to get it right next time.

3. This is actually pathetic. What does it possibly mean that Kasich is “against” the ACA and Rios is “Medicaid expansion”? Considering Kasich signed off on Medicare expansion and Rios is for single-payer (which I suppose could be thought of as Medicaid expansion, but… what?) maybe this piece needed some reporting. You’ll also find from half a second on Rios’ website that she supports full mj legalization, not just medical. How can Fitz’ gun views be “unknown”? Has he not been asked about it this cycle? And I can’t believe I have to defend Kasich here, but it didn’t strike you that you’ve framed each issue so he’d be “against”? I’m used to the Lantern being terrible, but this is one of a few actual critical purposes a newspaper serves so please please please try to get it right next time. You’re making us all look bad.