Home » Opinion » Letters to Editor » Letter to the editor: Ohio State tasked with representing Big Ten in Sugar Bowl

Letter to the editor: Ohio State tasked with representing Big Ten in Sugar Bowl

Penn State fans cheer during the first quarter of a stadium ‘White Out’ game against OSU on Oct. 25 in State College, Pa. OSU won in double-overtime, 31-24.  Credit: Ritika Shah / Lantern TV News director

Penn State fans cheer during the first quarter of a stadium ‘White Out’ game against OSU on Oct. 25 in State College, Pa. OSU won in double-overtime, 31-24.
Credit: Ritika Shah / Lantern TV News director

Letter to the editor:

So tired of the Southeastern Conference schools pumping their chests. So tired of the “Roll Tide” nonsense. This is your time, Buckeye fans. Your defense is playing unconscious. All the talk is about Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper. Ohio State wide receiver Devin Smith is just as effective as a game changer. 

I am a Penn State alumnus. The one game on our schedule that is a must-win is OSU. That is because State College, Pa., respects Columbus and the rivalry. I am pulling for the Bucks. I hope your squad goes out and represents the conference, and shuts up the haters who say Big Ten teams fold in the big games. Leading up to the game, OSU will get no respect. That’s fine because Alabama won’t know what hit it. I predict a Buckeye victory. Go Bucks!

Kyle Greenwood

Penn State 2001 

kgreenwood97@gmail.com

1. Yesterday I googled Urban Myer or Nick Saban (forgot which one) and a tacky article title came up saying something like “Nick will run Urban out of college football AGAIN!” I was soooooooooo impressed how the ROLL TIDE fans came to Urban’s defense that the high stress job of a college coach and how it impacts a family ISN’T FUNNY!!! EVERYONE thought this article was tacky. I’ll just say this…Nick versus Urban will be a GREAT game!! Like I told my baby buckeye “I don’t care who wins as long as Nick leaves the field knowing he didn’t play Urban…he played DA BUCKEYES!!!” Now can we PRAY to ROLL over the TIDE??? hahahahahaha

2. Osu and penn state is not a rivalry. That is all.

3. I am also tired of Roll Tide and the SEC. Commissioner Delany needs to use some all that BTN revenue to fund improvements such as indoor athletic facilities and recruiting planes to help level the playing field for B1G.