Home » Campus » Ohio State student dies in collision

Ohio State student dies in collision

An Ohio State student died Friday.

Stephanie Fibelkorn, 21, whose major was listed as mechanical engineering in an OSU directory, was killed in a crash downtown at Broad and High streets. A Columbus city engineer, Bill Lewis, was in critical condition at OhioHealth Grant Medical Center from the collision, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

Fibelkorn was an intern from Lewis’ office. The two were crossing Broad Street when a truck and a school bus crashed into one another at about 10 a.m.

“We are so saddened by the loss of Stephanie, and our hearts are heavy for her family, friends and loved ones. The support and services of the university are available to those in need,” OSU Student Life spokeswoman Kellie Uhrig said in an emailed statement.

Three others — the two drivers and a passenger from the truck — were injured as well, according to the Dispatch.

A Columbus Division of Police spokesman did not immediately answer requests for a release or additional information Friday after business hours.

Uhrig said OSU has resources for students affected by the incident, who should contact Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Service at 614-292-5766 or ccs.osu.edu.

One comment

1. This is especially tragic in that Stephanie’s father observed the aftermath of this traffic accident at Broad and High downtown , while on the way to a meeting, not knowing that his own daughter and her internship supervisor were among the fatalities.