From Arlington, Texas to Columbus, Ohio, Buckeye fans across the country were celebrating Ohio State’s eighth National Championship victory on Monday night. Lantern TV reporters were in the midst of the action and bring you the latest on post-game campus celebrations. You’ll also hear from Head Coach Urban Meyer on what the future holds for the National Championship team.

The university and Taco Bell partnered to offer 1,000 free student tickets for Buckeye fans heading to Dallas. Since the National Championship game was scheduled for Monday night, some students chose to miss the first two days of classes in order to attend, risking disenrollment.

In other news, John Kasich (R) is sworn in for a second time as Ohio governor and President Obama proposes a free tuition plan for high school students looking to go to college. Students holding a 2.5 GPA would be eligible for a two-years of community college tuition paid for by both the federal government and the state. If the plan comes to fruition, nearly nine million American students could be affected.

Back on campus, the Ohio State men’s basketball team defeated Michigan Tuesday night by a score of 71-52. Freshman guard D’Angelo Russell said the football team’s win over Oregon was a huge motivating factor during the matchup against Michigan.

See all that and more in this week’s episode of Buckeye News Now.