Daymond John attends the 2013 Miss America Judges Official After Party at Stoney's Rockin' Country, Town Square in Las Vegas on Jan. 12, 2013. Credit: Courtesy of TNS

Daymond John attends the 2013 Miss America Judges Official After Party at Stoney’s Rockin’ Country, Town Square in Las Vegas on Jan. 12, 2013.
Credit: Courtesy of TNS

Producers from ABC’s “Shark Tank” made a stop at Ohio State in May, but this February, a shark himself is coming for an event sponsored by the Ohio Union Activities Board.

Daymond John, the founder and CEO of clothing company FUBU, is set to come to campus on Feb. 12 for an event in the Archie Griffin Ballroom at 7:30 p.m.

“Shark Tank,” which depicts aspiring entrepreneurs pitching their ideas to high-profile investors with the hope that they’ll invest, has had high ratings since its debut in 2009. Ratings have climbed each season, and its current season premiered with more than 7 million viewers.

John founded FUBU as a clothing line targeted at the black community in 1992, after taking out a $100,000 mortgage to start the company. FUBU’s sales peaked at $350 million in 1998 and the company garnered awards from the NAACP.

Tickets for the Ohio State event with John are set to be released Monday at 5 p.m.