Co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Ed Warinner (center) poses with members of the OSU offensive line after the 2015 College Football Playoff National Championship against Oregon on Jan. 12 in Arlington, Texas. OSU won, 42-20. Credit: Mark Batke / Photo editor

One out, one in and one moving up the ladder.

Ohio State co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Ed Warinner has been promoted to offensive coordinator and Tim Beck has been named the Buckeyes’ co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, coach Urban Meyer announced Wednesday in a press release.

“Ed Warinner is certainly deserving, experienced and well-qualified for the offensive coordinator position,” Meyer said in the release. “I’m pleased to be able to promote from within our program and I believe he is going to be an excellent coordinator for us.”

Meyer said he’s known Beck, who comes from Nebraska’s program, for “several years” and has gone up against his teams multiple times.

“I have always respected his knowledge of the game and he is respected in the profession,” Meyer said of Beck. “I always look for coordinators and co-coordinators who will mesh with our staff, our style and can make us better. I believe Tim will do just that.”

Beck replaces Tom Herman — who was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach last season for the Buckeyes’ run to the College Football Playoff National Championship — as Herman departs OSU for Houston, where he was named the new head coach in December. Beck spent the past four seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Nebraska.

In the release, Beck said he is “extremely excited” to join Meyer’s staff in Columbus after leading one of the Big Ten’s top five offenses in three of the past four seasons.

“It’s quite an honor, being an Ohio guy and growing up here and now having the opportunity to work at the Ohio State University,” he said. “Words can’t explain it. I’m just really excited and I’m looking forward to working with coach Meyer, and to learn from him and to help the coaches there continue with the successes they have already started.”

Warinner was a co-offensive coordinator and position coach at OSU for three seasons and has also coached at Notre Dame, Kansas, Illinois, Air Force, Army, Michigan State and Akron.

Like both Warinner and Meyer, Beck is an Ohio native from Youngstown, where he attended Cardinal Mooney High School. Beck played college football for one season at Central Florida before attending graduate school at Kansas State and beginning his coaching career in the high school ranks.

Beck has made collegiate stops at Illinois State, Kansas State and Missouri State and was last a high school head coach in 2004. He then moved on to Kansas, where he was the receivers coach and coached under Warinner as the pass game coordinator in 2007. He left Kansas for Nebraska in 2008.

An OSU spokesman said Warinner will continue to be the offensive line coach as well. Salary information for Warinner and Beck at OSU was not immediately available, but a Nebraska spokesman said Beck made $715,281 last season with the Cornhuskers.

Coming off a national title, the Buckeyes are set to begin their 2015 season on Sept. 7 in Blacksburg, Va., against Virginia Tech.