Home » Sports » Football » Report: Former Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence to transfer to Eastern Kentucky

Report: Former Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence to transfer to Eastern Kentucky

Former Ohio State defensive lineman Noah Spence is transferring to Eastern Kentucky, according to multiple reports.

Spence, who last played for OSU in the 2013 Big Ten Championship Game, was initially suspended for three games for failing a drug test. He sat out the 2014 Orange Bowl and the Buckeyes’ first two games of the 2014-15 season.

Less than 24 hours before Spence was set to return to action against Kent State on Sept. 13, it was announced that he had failed a second drug test. That failed test ultimately led to a ban from Big Ten play just days before the Buckeyes’ annual tilt with Michigan.

Spence appealed his eligibility, but was denied.

In his two seasons as a Buckeye, Spence totaled nine sacks and 64 total tackles, and would have been eligible for the 2015 NFL Draft after this past season.

Spence is eligible to play immediately at Eastern Kentucky per NCAA rules.

Requests for comment from Spence and Eastern Kentucky were not immediately answered.

The Colonels are set to kick off their 2015 season on Sept. 3 against Valparaiso in Richmond, Ky.

1. Wish him the best. Great talent, hope he has learned his lesson and takes his studies and other commitments seriously.

2. Wish him nothing but the best.