Redshirt-sophomore Ralf Steinbach serves the ball during a Jan. 29 match against Kentucky at the Varsity Tennis Center. OSU won, 4-0. Credit: Jon McAllister / Asst. photo editor

The Ohio State’s men’s tennis team extended its consecutive home game win streak to 199 when it beat the University of Kentucky, 4-0, Thursday night.

The victory over the Wildcats also continued OSU’s season streak: The Buckeyes are now 8-0 for the year.

Redshirt-senior Hunter Callahan was perfect, winning his singles match in two 6-0 sets. Redshirt-senior Kevin Metka and sophomore Herkko Pollanen both picked up wins in two sets of their own to lift up the Buckeyes.

Over on the doubles court, Metka and redshirt-sophomore Ralf Steinbach came through with a 6-3 win. Freshman Mikael Torpegaard and Pollanen cut it close, but also came out on top with a 7-6 (7-5) win of their own.

The Buckeyes will travel for the first time Sunday, heading to College Station, Texas, to face off against No. 15 Texas A&M (1-1).

OSU has faced off against the Aggies three times in the past two seasons, winning the last two meetings.