Home » A+E » Opinion: Nancy Grace clumsy, 2 Chainz poised in debate

Opinion: Nancy Grace clumsy, 2 Chainz poised in debate

2 Chainz and Nancy Grace participated in a debate about marijuana legalization earlier this month. Credit: Courtesy of TNS.

2 Chainz and Nancy Grace participated in a debate about marijuana legalization earlier this month.
Credit: Courtesy of TNS.

Nancy Grace held a debate on her show this month about the pros and cons of marijuana legalization in the United States. On one side, you had the former prosecutor bashing the drug and those who smoke it, while providing defense on the other side was rapper and marijuana enthusiast 2 Chainz. Not a scientist doing research on the drug, not a member of a pro-legalization group, but 2 Chainz. They made an odd couple, to say the least, but the results of the debate might be even more surprising to some people.

2 Chainz supported his argument by talking about how marijuana compares to alcohol, the time and money wasted on marijuana-related arrests, possible economic revenue, as well as the medical and psychological benefits it brings. He brought up how each person is responsible for their actions regardless of what substance they choose to use. While the rapper articulated his points across clearly, provided insight from his personal life, and showed respect to the host, Grace spent most of the show yelling and showing videos of toddlers smoking weed as rebuttal. Instead of using facts or statistics to back her arguments up, Grace tried to use fear tactics to scare viewers onto her side but was thwarted at just about every turn by actual logic from 2 Chainz.

“It’s the same thing with the legalization of alcohol, you find some footage of people doing this. Some people actually love their child. These people are imbeciles and you can’t define the whole community with this case,” he said.

After realizing her plan wasn’t working, Grace tried to discredit the rapper by reading aloud some of his infamous lyrics. As if the segment itself wasn’t cringe-worthy enough.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of marijuana legalization, you can’t ignore how ignorant Grace made herself look on her own show. She probably thought bringing on a famous rapper would attract publicity and give her an easy opponent to debate against. She must not have realized that a man who graduated from college with a 4.0 while on an athletic scholarship was capable of discussing more than just hip-hop, chains and strip clubs.

The biggest takeaway from the debate wasn’t so much about Grace though, but 2 Chainz. Grace has spent years making outlandish and controversial statements on national television, but most people had never heard the rapper speak so eloquently about a topic. It might not always shine through in his music, but 2 Chainz demonstrated his intelligence and showed a different side to his persona. Nancy Grace may want to embarrass herself again with a rematch, but 2 Chainz should walk away with his new-earned respect.

1. This weekend over 3,000 Americans died in pain of Cancer. Today, tomorrow, and every day after that, 1,500 more Americans will die, after suffering horribly, from it. Every single minute another American dies of Cancer. Every American Cancer patient deserves the right to have safe, legal, and economical access to Medical Marijuana. Every single one.

Americans who need Medical Marijuana shouldn’t be used as “Political Footballs” Please call the Whitehouse comment line at (202) 456-1111 and ask that the President take immediate action to remove Marijuana from Schedule 1 so American Physicians in all 50 states can prescribe it. Go to petitions.whitehouse.gov — there are two petitions you can sign electronically there, one to take Marijuana off of Schedule 1, the other to legalize it completely.

Oncologists have know it for more than a quarter of a Century that Marijuana is a “wonder drug” for helping Cancer patients.

The American Society of Clinical Oncologists wants Marijuana removed from Schedule 1. So does the American Medical Association, the professional society of all Physicians. A strong majority of Americans want Physicians in all 50 states to be able to prescribe Medical Marijuana. So do their Physicians., Cancer patients can’t wait.

The need to immediately, completely, legalize Marijuana throughout the world is one of the most pressing moral issues of our time, because of its medical benefits and because of the damage prohibition causes to America and to the world.

Complete legalization is critical — its vital that there aren’t “strings” or “hoops” that Cancer patients and others who need Medical Marijuana are forced to jump through.

“Charlottes web” is NOT the solution. Cancer patients and people who suffer from chronic pain need THC, not just CBD. The “Berkeley study”, where 96% of stage 4 Cancer patients who had a wide variety of Cancers achieved remission, used high dose Medical Marijuana oil, 72% THC, 28% CBD, 1 gram/day (oral) over a 90 day course of treatment. It was a small study, and not placebo controlled, but those kinds of results are clearly remarkable, have been widely reported on in the press, and demand the need for immediate large scale clinical trials.

More and more present and former members of law enforcement agree about the need to end prohibition, and have formed a rapidly expanding group of current and former undercover cops, FBI, DEA, prosecutors and Judges, from all over the world, called

LEAP — Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

because they’ve seen the damage prohibition causes to America and the world.

See http://www.leap.cc/

I’m a Scientist. Not a politician, not a cop.

But as a Scientist with a strong interest in Cancer research, I feel even more strongly about the need to ensure that no Cancer patient is denied it, because I’m so impressed with its benefits for Cancer patients.

I urge everyone reading this to PLEASE call and email the Attorney General, the press, Congress and the President today.

Medical Marijuana helps with Alzheimer’s, Autism, Cancer, seizures, PTSD and chronic pain, and has helped many Americans, including many veterans, stop using Alcohol, and hard drugs, both legal and illegal ones.

Every minute an American dies of Cancer.

Every 19 minutes an American dies of a prescription drug overdose.

Many vets become addicted to prescription opiates and die from them.

NOBODY has ever died from smoking too much pot.

Cancer patients are seeing remarkable results using high dose Medical Marijuana oil, in many cases achieving complete remission, even for stage 4 cancers — there are many excellent articles on the web, and videos on youtube with patient’s personal stories about their experiences with it — and every Cancer patient that uses Marijuana to ease their suffering benefits greatly from doing so.

It is immoral to leave Marijuana illegal, for anyone, for even a second longer.

For Cancer patients, its a matter of life and death.

Cancer patients can’t wait.

Medical Marijuana has an unmatched safety profile, and for people who suffer from so many diseases, of so many kinds, its a medical miracle — and the scientific evidence behind it is rock solid.

For Cancer patients, Medical Marijuana encourages apoptosis and autophagy of Cancer cells, while leaving normal cells untouched, is anti-angigogenic, anti-proliferative, and is anti-angiogenic.

Its also synergistic with chemotherapy and radiation therapy, making both more effective.

For many Cancer patients its meant the difference between life and death.

For everyone else, its a far safer alternative to Alcohol, and infinitely safer than Cigarettes.

Either take them off the market too, or legalize Marijuana right now.

2016 is too far away, Its too long to wait. Every year we lose more Americans to Cancer than died in WWII.

Between now and the 2016 elections, roughly 1 MILLION Americans will die of Cancer.

And Its a horrible way to die.

2. All I have to say is NG is the reason I gave a donation to the Home Going of Phylicia Barnes who was found floating nude here in a river!!! When I asked my buckeye alum daughter in Vegas at Jabbawockeez show “OMG who is that rapper? I love this song I’m Different.” She replied 2 Chainzzzzzz! hahahahaha

3. She got an incoherent argument so I call her incoherent argument

4. This was a good summary of what happened in the debate. NG came off as having the stance and debating skills of a naïve 13 year old and certainly doesn’t deserve to have a voice in the media. She is a detriment to society. Ironically I actually feel the need to smoke weed to calm me down after listening to her unbelievable drivel. She’s so out of touch that she’s somehow still stuck in the “Reefer Madness” era. Just a horrible person all round.

5. Grace is a loud mouth b*tch. Who comes across as high on coke, or meth. She uses a lot of words, but says nothing.

Grace’s uses of tragedies, committed while on cannabis, proves absolutely nothing. People also kill others while sober. Should we outlaw being sober? By Grace’s twisted logic, yes.