Home » Sports » Baseball » Opinion: It’s time for Alex Rodriguez to stop trying to earn back respect

Opinion: It’s time for Alex Rodriguez to stop trying to earn back respect

The New York Yankees' Alex Rodriguez speaks during press conference at US Cellular Field in Chicago on Aug. 5, 2013. Credit: Courtesy of TNS

The New York Yankees’ Alex Rodriguez speaks during press conference at US Cellular Field in Chicago on Aug. 5, 2013. Credit: Courtesy of TNS

At this point, Alex Rodriguez has made more mistakes than he’s hit home runs, especially since his play dropped off a cliff a few years ago.

The New York Yankees’ third baseman, and one-time future Hall of Famer, straight up denied using performance enhancing drugs back in 2007. But in 2009, it was proven that he had actually used such drugs.

At that point, he gave a well-scripted apology that I can’t imagine many people took to heart. Then he got back to playing baseball, and hit 30 home runs in 2010 at the age of 34.

But A-Rod (or A-Roid, depending how much you like crass, semi-clever nicknames) wasn’t done just yet. He ended up being suspended for more than an entire season, beginning in 2013 and spanning all of 2014, after it came out that he had gotten HGH from Anthony Bosch’s biogenesis clinic (Bosch was sentenced to four years in prison on Tuesday, by the way.)

And on the same day Bosch was sentenced, Rodriguez decided the time was right to try his hand at this whole apologizing thing again.

“To the fans,” a reportedly hand-written apology letter read. And he signed off “Sincerely, Alex.”

It’s a good thing he said to “the” fans, because if he had written “to my fans,” the letter would probably have been addressed to nobody.

For a guy with all the natural ability in the world, how much did performance-enhancing drugs really do? Perhaps he hit a few more home runs with the extra help, but he would most likely been destined for Cooperstown no matter what. His ego got in the way.

That’s all fine and well for him. He’s still set to make $61 million over the next few years, and honestly, that’s great. He managed to earn a living most people could never dream of. Yeah, he cheated his way to it, but he would’ve earned it cheating or not.

So congratulations, Alex, you have a lot of money, but it’s time for you to take it and run.

His letter professed that he had taken “full responsibility” for his mistakes. Which is pretty obvious since, you know, it was his fault for making those decisions. The letter even addressed the fact that many won’t accept his apology, or “believe” it, in his words. Which is true, and why would they?

He’s apologized before, then cheated again, then apologized some more.

Rodriguez won’t be gaining back any of his lost respect, and he should embrace that. Instead of apologizing to try and make his name better and avoiding even more of a media firestorm, Rodriguez should sit back, play baseball for a few more years, retire and accept that he had a wildly successful career no matter what fans or fellow players think of him.

In the end, Alex, you have an amount of money I’d at least have to consider sacrificing a limb for.

Now go enjoy it on your yachts and private jets and leave the rest of us alone, because you’re right: We don’t believe you, and we never will.

1. If you are from one of those royal families of the Middle East, then this discussion is going to be of no interest for you. For others, earning money online has always been in the wish list. In today’s world, almost everybody is looking to earn some money in their spare time, working from their homes. There may be variety of options, but not too many really beats Online surveys in flexibility or intellectual satisfaction. Online surveys, especially paid online surveys, have become very popular with the people coming from different background mainly because of its various advantages. With Internet being available to everybody, online surveys are viable options for those who cannot live their home due to various constraints.

The advent of the Internet has drastically changed the way this world lives, conducts business, and expands its social life. It has also changed the way we have dreamt of our professional careers. Just a couple of decades back, a work-from-home job profile was practically inexistent. But then, with Internet came a lot of newer opportunities, and online paid surveys is perhaps the best among them.

If you are not employed with a firm, you are perhaps in the business of doing business. And any business will invariably require an upfront investment. The new genre of online job profiles has broken away from this scenario. With activities like online surveys, you can be self employed without locking in investment. This is perhaps one of the most important factors that make online surveys a particularly irresistible one for most of us.

If you love the structured life of an employed person, if you are not comfortable with slight variations in monthly cash inflows, online surveys is certainly not for you. However, if you cherish independence and want to be your own boss, online paid surveys is something you cannot give a miss. Additionally, one of the major highlights of online surveys is that you need not be highly qualified. The profile that online survey companies generally look for before they offer online surveys to any member is that the concerned person must be have interest on a wide variety of subjects.

Rarely will you find a coin that does not have two sides. Similarly, even the best and the safest of earning avenues do have a possible flipside. Be careful – there are many fraud online surveys websites that will try to rob you of your hard earned money. If ever you are tempted to join an online surveys listing site that require a substantial subscription fees, think twice. You should keep in mind that online surveys require no or minimal investments. Online paid surveys will give you money and not take any from you. So, do not let any body take undue advantage of you. Not only you, but other members of your family may also avail of this opportunity provided by online surveys, so what are you waiting for? Happy online responding!

Visit >>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com

2. Many people want to make money at home and they want to find a work at home job to do it with. Ultimately what happens is they become frustrated as they search from website to website looking for the right job. This brings up the question, why are work at home jobs so hard to find? In this article we will take an honest look at this problem.

1. First of all you should know that most of the opportunities to work at home are not actually paid jobs. This is true because most employers do not know you and have no control over the work environment when you do it from the comfort of your own home.

If you realistically think about this, why would someone pay you an hourly rate when they do not know if you are really working or not? Therefore many of the opportunities to work at home are actually in the form of business opportunities where you work for yourself.

2. There really are some companies looking for people to work from home. This phenomenon is known as telecommuting and does provide an opportunity for people with legitimate skills to get paid working from home.

This benefits both the company and the worker because the business does not need to provide a space for you to work from, and as an employee you do not have to get up and drive to work every day.

Many companies now will offer work at home jobs that include an hourly rate and benefits. These benefits can include paid vacation, retirement plan, and health insurance.

One such website or you can visit is Tjobs.com. They match employers looking for workers with employees who are looking for opportunities to telecommute. This works out very well for people who have skills such as sales, customer service, website design, and other categories.

3. Another thing I want to talk about is websites that present themselves as work at home jobs doing data entry, taking paid surveys, and typing at home. Generally these websites are trying to sell you information on how to get involved in this type of work.

There are companies who will pay you for your opinion, or to do data entry and typing. The websites that are selling you the information deserve to be paid because they have taken the time to develop a list of companies for you to contact.

In the future work at home jobs will become more readily available. Until that point you need to be conscious and only deal with reputable companies before spending any of your hard earned money.

To learn more about the top paid survey sites please visit: http://getpaid-survey.com

3. If you are from one of those royal families of the Middle East, then this discussion is going to be of no interest for you. For others, earning money online has always been in the wish list. In today’s world, almost everybody is looking to earn some money in their spare time, working from their homes. There may be variety of options, but not too many really beats Online surveys in flexibility or intellectual satisfaction. Online surveys, especially paid online surveys, have become very popular with the people coming from different background mainly because of its various advantages. With Internet being available to everybody, online surveys are viable options for those who cannot live their home due to various constraints.

Visit >>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com

4. Many people want to make money at home and they want to find a work at home job to do it with. Ultimately what happens is they become frustrated as they search from website to website looking for the right job. This brings up the question, why are work at home jobs so hard to find? In this article we will take an honest look at this problem.

5. Everybody I have talked to that has start using the Internet eventually asks the question: How can I make money online? And for most people, they never learn what they need to do in order to make a couple hundred to thousands of dollars online.

Everybody wants to make money online, but very few people know where to start. For most people it comes down to having to learn advanced skills that they never have time to master, resulting in the feeling of helplessness about making money online.

Luckily for me, I found an easy way around that about a year ago. Instead of trying to learn crazy web languages or graphic design, I started search for nontechnical ways to make money online. This led me to taking paid surveys online.

One of the great things about the Internet is that it can connect people and companies almost instantly, and companies have found out about it. Companies have found that they can receive almost instant feedback about their products, services, or ad campaigns through the Internet. This is called market research, and before it used to take companies hundreds of thousands of dollars and many months to find average and sometimes outdated data.

Now, companies have a direct and almost instant link to people that use their products, and will pay people to help them speed up their market research. When I found out about it, I was a little skeptical, but I decided to try my hand at it anyway.

What I found was that I could make decent money just by filling out online surveys for an hour or so, everyday. It was surprisingly easy since I could do them while chatting on Facebook or after my kids went to bed, so I figured I would give it a month and see how much I could earn. At the end of the month, I was so excited when my first check came in the mail for $638.28!

After a few months, I built up a reputation so that survey companies would give me even higher paying surveys, giving me even more money. Overall it has been a very smart choice that fits into my lifestyle, and hasn’t required me to learn anything advanced computer skills. If you are trying to make some extra money, give online surveys a try.

So how does it work?

1. Find a website that has a large survey database. I have tried a few, but personally, I like Surveys At Home because they have prescreened the survey websites to find the ones that pay the best.

2. Sign up with a few sites, 3-5 to start then add more to receive more surveys

3. Start taking surveys, simply fill out accurate information. They usually take 10-20 minutes per survey.

4. Cash out and receive your payment either with PayPal or by mail.

Best or all, you don’t need to spend any money, there is no risk or scams, and the sites are free to join. If you are looking to earn some extra income, surveys seem to be one of the best ways to go.

>>>>>>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com

6. Everybody I have talked to that has start using the Internet eventually asks the question: How can I make money online? And for most people, they never learn what they need to do in order to make a couple hundred to thousands of dollars online.

So how does it work?

>>>>>>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com

7. Many people want to make money at home and they want to find a work at home job to do it with. Ultimately what happens is they become frustrated as they search from website to website looking for the right job. This brings up the question, why are work at home jobs so hard to find? In this article we will take an honest look at this problem.

8. If you are from one of those royal families of the Middle East, then this discussion is going to be of no interest for you. For others, earning money online has always been in the wish list. In today’s world, almost everybody is looking to earn some money in their spare time, working from their homes. There may be variety of options, but not too many really beats Online surveys in flexibility or intellectual satisfaction. Online surveys, especially paid online surveys, have become very popular with the people coming from different background mainly because of its various advantages. With Internet being available to everybody, online surveys are viable options for those who cannot live their home due to various constraints.

9. Many people want to make money at home and they want to find a work at home job to do it with. Ultimately what happens is they become frustrated as they search from website to website looking for the right job. This brings up the question, why are work at home jobs so hard to find? In this article we will take an honest look at this problem.

10. If you are from one of those royal families of the Middle East, then this discussion is going to be of no interest for you. For others, earning money online has always been in the wish list. In today’s world, almost everybody is looking to earn some money in their spare time, working from their homes. There may be variety of options, but not too many really beats Online surveys in flexibility or intellectual satisfaction. Online surveys, especially paid online surveys, have become very popular with the people coming from different background mainly because of its various advantages. With Internet being available to everybody, online surveys are viable options for those who cannot live their home due to various constraints.

Visit >>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com

11. If you are from one of those royal families of the Middle East, then this discussion is going to be of no interest for you. For others, earning money online has always been in the wish list. In today’s world, almost everybody is looking to earn some money in their spare time, working from their homes. There may be variety of options, but not too many really beats Online surveys in flexibility or intellectual satisfaction. Online surveys, especially paid online surveys, have become very popular with the people coming from different background mainly because of its various advantages. With Internet being available to everybody, online surveys are viable options for those who cannot live their home due to various constraints.

Visit >>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com

12. There are many ways to make extra money in your free time, but there are very few that are as easy as filling out a couple surveys. A few hundred dollars a day can easily be earned just with the click of the mouse because your opinion counts.

Paid survey companies work with major corporations to organize and provide opinions from everyday consumers. As a result of your valuable feedback, you can earn quick money. Some questions are multiple choice, while others may require some writing. Either way, it is entirely possible with the right survey program to earn and extra $200 a day.

This is not difficult work. If you have a job with a computer, you can quickly complete a few surveys during your lunch break. If you don’t mind having a laptop in front of you while you unwind and watch TV at night, filling out a survey or two can be done between commercials.

Pay ranges from anywhere to $5 – $50 a survey, which is typically determined on the length of time it takes you to complete the questionnaire. Once you get bored with those, there are options to get paid to watch movie trailers, and some times you can have a little fun by getting paid to test drive cars.

As long as you are at least 18 years old, anyone can start making money by filling out surveys right away. It’s a great way to put extra cash in your pocket and cover basic living expenses. After all, who wouldn’t want a couple hundred dollars a day just for giving their opinion?

See if you qualify to join the highest paying surveys program available. Only a limited number of people will be accepted to work with the biggest brand names that pay top dollar. Get your chance to earn hundreds of dollars with paid survey review.

To find out more, you can go to

>>>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com

13. Everybody I have talked to that has start using the Internet eventually asks the question: How can I make money online? And for most people, they never learn what they need to do in order to make a couple hundred to thousands of dollars online.

So how does it work?

>>>>>>>>> http://getpaid-survey.com