Home » Lantern TV » Chalk Talk: Wrestling captures share of Big Ten title, Men’s Basketball loses to Wisconsin, Tennis streak ends

Chalk Talk: Wrestling captures share of Big Ten title, Men’s Basketball loses to Wisconsin, Tennis streak ends

Co-anchors Maddie Spielman and Andrew Todd-Smith recount how Ohio State’s wrestling team won a share of the Big Ten crown for the first time in over 60 years. Tying for the title with Iowa when the conference Championships concluded on Sunday, 125 lb. Nathan Tomasello and 141 lb. Logan Stieber—now OSU’s first-ever four-time Big Ten champion—had standout performances.

Analysis of the win by OSU men’s basketball at Penn State follows, whereupon we discuss how the surging Buckeyes were beaten handily by the visiting No. 6 Wisconsin Badgers, 72-48.

Women’s hoops traveled to Hoffman Estates, Ill., to compete in the Big Ten Tournament over the weekend, where they beat Minnesota and then upset second-seeded Iowa in the semifinals. Kelsey Mitchell and company would be runners-up after a thrilling championship game against Maryland that came down to the last second.

Men’s ice hockey hosted No. 15 Minnesota and split that series, getting a decisive 5-2 victory over the Golden Gophers on senior night Saturday.

Finally, the demise of the men’s tennis team’s NCAA-record 200-game home winning streak came to pass on Friday, and a summary of the tight 4-3 loss to No. 1 Oklahoma wraps the episode.

One comment

1. Good job but both need to sit on their hands….flapping hands around distracting!
    Go Maddie! A rising star!!