Then-sophomore running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) breaks away from a defender during the College Football Playoff National Championship against Oregon on Jan. 12 in Arlington, Texas. OSU won, 42-20. Credit: Mark Batke / Photo editor

Then-sophomore running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) breaks away from a defender during the College Football Playoff National Championship against Oregon on Jan. 12 in Arlington, Texas. OSU won, 42-20.
Credit: Mark Batke / Photo editor

The Ohio State football team is set to hold its fourth annual Student Appreciation Day on April 11 at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, with a fastest Buckeye competition among the festivities.

The practice is set to begin at 11 a.m. with doors opening at 10 a.m. Students can gain entry with their BuckID.

The fastest Buckeye competition is set to be held for the second straight year. OSU’s release said a preliminary round will be held on April 6 at 5 p.m. at the WHAC. The student appreciation practice will feature the semifinals while the finals will be held at halftime of the annual Spring Game on April 18 at Ohio Stadium.

Junior running back Ezekiel Elliott is set to be among the current Buckeyes taking part in the competition, along with “a selection of Buckeye alums,” the release said.

Along with the fastest Buckeye race, Student Appreciation Day will give students a chance to interact with members of the football team, as well as the coaching staff, after practice. OSU’s cheerleaders and Brutus will be in attendance and food trucks and a dee-jay will be on hand during the practice.

Students will also have a chance to take their picture with the College Football Playoff National Championship trophy, according to the release.

The Buckeyes are scheduled to practice two more times after Student Appreciation Day before the Spring Game. OSU’s 2015 regular season is set to begin on the road in Blacksburg, Va., on Sept. 7 against Virginia Tech.