Campus may be emptier than normal, but there’s still lots to do in the city of Columbus this summer. The A+E Editors of The Lantern have compiled a comprehensive guide.
- Blooms & Butterflies, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1777 E. Broad St. $13 for adults, $10 for seniors and students (with valid ID), $6 for children 3-17, free for children two and under, group rates available, free parking. On display until Sept. 27. http://fpconservatory.org/
- Thirsty Thursday & Karaoke, 5 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., Oldfield’s North Fourth Tavern, 1571 N. 4th St. Karaoke and $3 Long Islands and Pabst Blue Ribbon tall boys.
- Food Truck Court, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Columbus Commons, 160 South High St. Free admission, 10 food trucks to purchase from. http://columbuscommons.org/happenings/food-trucks/
- Free Pool with Student I.D. (every Tuesday and Thursday), 2 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., Suzi-Cue, 1950 N. 4th St. http://suzi-cue.com/index.php/news-events
- This Inspired That, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Open Door Art Studio, 1050 Goodale Blvd. Admission is free. June 5 is the last day of a collaborative exhibit that showcases studio artists and staff from Open Door Art Studio and 14 local artists. https://www.facebook.com/events/832821503454551/
- TEDxColumbusWomen, 9 to 5 p.m., Southern Theatre, 21 E. Main St. http://tedxcolumbus.com/events/2015-tedxcolumbuswomen/speakers-and-performers/
- Balance & Brews, 6 to 9 p.m., Rockmill Brewery, 5705 Lithopolis Road Northwest. Admission is $30. Receive a 90 minute Baptiste Power Yoga class followed by some Rockmill beer and wood-fired pizza. https://www.facebook.com/balanceandbrews
- EDITORS’ PICK: Oklahoma Joe’s Pulled Pork (every Friday), 5 p.m., Ruby Tuesday, 1978 Summit St. Every Friday night Ruby’s cooks its signature pulled pork in a smoker outside the bar. http://www.rubytuesdaylive.com/
- Pearl Market Farmers Market, every Tuesday and Friday, May to October 30, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Pearl and Lynn alleys, 19 N. Pearl St. The market offers a mix of culturally diverse, locally grown produce, hand-crafted merchandise and food. http://downtowncolumbus.com/home/what-s-happening/pearlmarket/
- Book to Film Series: How to Train Your Dragon (2010), 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Gateway Film Center, South Campus Gateway, 1550 N. High St. Admission is free. The Gateway Film Center continues its program of showing a film inspired by a well-liked book. http://gatewayfilmcenter.com/featured_film_series/book-to-film/
- Family Friday Night at COSI, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., 333 W. Broad St., Admission is $11 for all ages 2 and older. http://www.cosi.org/promotions/item/family-friday-night-2
- 6th Annual Tour de H2O, activity times vary, begin at 7:30 a.m., Admission is free. Participate in the Columbus’ effort to bring clean water to Africa. http://www.tourdeh2o.org/Pages/default.aspx
- Spring Chicken Antique Flea Market, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Pastime Park, 350 N. Chillicothe St. Admission is $3. Have a day of shopping and eating various foods while walking through a park. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spring-Chicken-Flea-Market/884607254925383
- Yoga on the Field, 10 to 11 a.m., Mapfre Stadium, 4560 Hilton Corporate Drive. Admission is $26. Take deep breaths and stretch your body on the soccer field. http://m.columbuscrewsc.com/yoganight?quicktabs_news_blog_qt_block=1
- Columbus Knife Fight, 7 to 8 p.m., The Commissary, 1400 Dublin Road. Admission is $10. Bill Glover, executive chef of Galleries Bar and Bistro has challenged Andrew Smith, executive chef of Philco bar and diner and The Rossi bar and kitchen, to a cooking competition that will be judged by Simon Majumdar, a British-American chef and television personality.
- Funkdefy, 9 p.m., Bossy Grrl’s Pin Up Joint, 2598 N. High St. Admission is free. Columbus’ oldest funk music show played on vinyl records. https://www.facebook.com/FUNKDEFY
- OGEE. Old School Hip Hop Party, 10 p.m., Strongwater, 401 W. Town St. Admission is free before 11 p.m. A night set out to play nothing but classic hip-hop songs. https://www.facebook.com/events/1470695663220644/
- EDITORS’ PICK: Rolling Stones, 8 p.m., Ohio Stadium, 411 Woody Hayes Drive, Admission starting at $48.30 with fees. http://www.ticketmaster.com/the-rolling-stones-zip-code-columbus-ohio-05-30-2015/event/05004E6DCB627BE3
- Off the Grid, 8 p.m. to 1:30 a.m., Wexner Center for the Arts, 1871 N. High St. The Wex’s 6th annual fundraising party with dining, music and dancing. VIP tickets are $100, advance tickets are $60, $70 day of and $10 discounts for members. 21 and over only.
- May’s Three Queen Drag Brunch, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., King Ave 5, 945 King Ave. Admission is free. Enjoy brunch and a drag queen show. https://www.facebook.com/events/381084905349468/May 31
- Brunch & Bowl, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., The Bosco Center, 80 S. 6th St. Admission is $15 to $20 depending on food choices. Have some eggs while you test your skills at bowling. http://boscocenter.com/cafe.html
- The Decemberists, 7 p.m., LC Pavilion, 405 Neil Avenue. The folk rock band comes to Columbus as part of their summer tour. Tickets are $41.60, fees included, and available through Ticketmaster.
- Meatless Mondays, 8 to 11 p.m., Whole Foods Market, 3670 W. Dublin Granville Road. Admission is $8. Fill both your plate and belly with a variety of meatless foods. http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/store/event/meatless-monday-13
- Half-off Drinks all night, Fourth Street Bar & Grill, 1810 N. 4th St. http://fourthstreetcolumbus.com/calendar/
- All you can eat wings (every Tuesday), 4 to 8 p.m., The Ugly Tuna Saloona, 1546 N. High St. Fee is $10.95, save $2 with a BuckID. https://www.facebook.com/uglytuna
- Parallax, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hopkins Hall Gallery, 128 N. Oval Mall, The Ohio State University Columbus. Admission is free. Two artists, Diana Abells and Peter Morgan, hope to create an interactive experience that examines the perception of space and geometry within an art gallery. http://hhg.osu.edu/exhibitions/parallax
- Columbus Zoo Animals (every Tuesday in June and July), 12 to 1 p.m., Easton Town Center, 1 Easton Oval. Admission is free. http://www.eastontowncenter.com/events.aspx
- Corbett Reynolds: An Artistic Legacy of Pride, 5 to 6 p.m., Hilton Downtown, 401 N. High St. Admission is free. Celebrate June Pride Month with artwork by Corbett Reynolds, known as the founder of the Red Party. https://www.facebook.com/events/1451120218520135/
- “Sound on the Town” Concert Series, 6 to 9 p.m., Easton Town Center, 1 Easton Oval. Admission is free. A concert series highlighting local, regional, and national performances presented by the Easton Community Foundation. http://www.eastontowncenter.com/events.aspx
- Half-off Appetizers all night, Fourth Street Bar & Grill, 1810 N. 4th St. http://fourthstreetcolumbus.com/calendar/
- Free Pool & Trivi-okehttp://www.rubytuesdaylive.com/
- Whisky Wednesday & Trivia, Oldfield’s North Fourth Tavern, 1571 N. 4th St. http://www.oldfieldsosu.com/events
To find more things to do in Columbus, visit thelantern.com/events.