This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” in which The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

“Bad Blood” is badass

During the Billboard Music Awards Sunday night, Taylor Swift debuted her much-hyped music video for “Bad Blood.” The song features Kendrick Lamar and the video features a super Swift Squad — names include singer Selena Gomez, Lena Dunham of “Girls,” Hayley Williams of Paramore, Mariska Hargitay of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” and a few Victoria’s Secret angels.

The video has a distinct, in-your-face action movie vibe. There are Matrix-esque moves, a scene with a very “Fight Club” vibe and “Tron”-inspired motorcycles. A “walking away from an explosion” shot is also added for good measure. After watching the video and also watching “Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!” in my film class, I am dying for some shiny black spandex and killer martial arts moves myself.

But, more important than my badass desires is the importance that this video could mean for Swift’s career. Swift took home an impressive eight awards from the BBMAs, which is telling in itself. But this video solidifies that the once-country singer has done the seemingly impossible — smoothly transition from a teen singing about a boy who didn’t take her to a dance to kicking ass.

Friendship feelings

I like to think that Jay-Z watched the BBMAs with Swift’s music video and said, “You ain’t seen nothing yet.”

The next day, Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé’s music video for “Feeling Myself” dropped on Tidal, Jay-Z’s elite streaming service. It’s not that elite though considering practically the whole Internet has seen it and I doubt they’re all shelling out for “high-fidelity music streaming.”

But people are talking and that is currency in itself.

Many love that Bey and Nicki ate burgers together, proclaiming that as “friendship goals.” In-N-Out chow downs are the true mark that you have found your bestie. The two also bake, get ready and take on Coachella together — showing you don’t have to fight crime together to be friends.

@POTUS

Obama did not drop a new music video, but he did join Twitter this week. His first tweet, from the account @POTUS, read, “Hello, Twitter! It’s Barack. Really! Six years in, they’re finally giving me my own account.”

Obama also participated in a little banter with @BillClinton. It was great because — as shown with Bey and Nicki’s burger eating — famous people doing everyday things is amazing and deserves endless attention.

Can we expect a #wcw or #tbt this week, @POTUS?