Home » Campus » Area » University Police chief to receive national leadership award

University Police chief to receive national leadership award

University Police Chief Paul Denton will be presented with the Distinguished Leadership Award at the 2015 National Sports Safety and Security Conference and Exhibition. Credit: Courtesy of OSU.

Ohio State University Police Chief Paul Denton is set to receive a national leadership award next month in recognition of his contribution to sports safety and security.

The Distinguished Leadership Award will be presented to Denton at the 2015 National Sports Safety and Security Conference and Exhibition, held in Orlando, Fla., from July 6 to July 9 by the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security.

NCS4, based at the University of Southern Mississippi, aims to advance sport safety and security by way of research, training and professional development, according to the institution’s website.

“Chief Denton is a true sustainable leader in Division I, NCAA Sport Safety and Security,” NCS4 Director Lou Marciani said in a University of Southern Mississippi release.

Denton said in an email the NCS4 has been “an exceptional partner and resource.”

“Our events and fans are safer, thanks in part to their guidance, as they’ve helped The Ohio State University Department of Public Safety establish itself as a leader in the field. In my view, this award recognizes the entire team: OSU Public Safety, Athletics and our many partners,” Denton said in the email. “Although it may be a personal award for me, it clearly validates the expertise within the Department of Public Safety and Police Division for event safety and security.”

University Police Captain Eric Whiteside said in an email he considers it a privilege to work for Denton.

“Chief Denton is well-deserving of this honor. I have watched our agency grow and excel under his leadership,” he said in the email.

Denton added that the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors is the top priority for University Police, and that he was proud of the University Police and its partners’ approach and effort to keep fans safe.

“The men and women of the OSU Police Division, and our entire public safety security presence are outstanding professionals committed to their work and the university community,” he said in the email.

Denton came to OSU in 2006, accepting the position of police chief after serving with the Columbus Police for 28 years.

Denton was selected by the NCAA to be awarded the Professional of the Year Award at the annual National Sports Safety and Security Conference and Exhibition in 2012, according to the NCS4 website.

1. You’ve got to be kidding.

While this award appears to be only related to sports, it is still offensive after a year that saw a spike in unsolved armed robberies on and around campus, and unprecedented police stupidity (using tear gas after the football championship, releasing home invaders after students courageously caught them, etc.)

2. LiftFund Open for your LOAN today!!!

Good day everyone,

Do you need a loan? Are you in debt? Do you want to start a business and need CAPITAL you always wanted to realize your dream? Do you need LOAN or FUNDING for any reason?

Your help is finally here, as we give out LOANS to everybody at a CHEAP and AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE of just 2%.

If interested, kindly contact us today via:
    liftfundservices@outlook.com

____________________________
    Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 3 hours of successful application. We offer loans from a minimum range of $5000 to a maximum of $20 million.

We are certified and your privacy is 100% safe with us. Worry no more about your loans or finances.

Contact us today via email at
    (liftfundservices@outlook.com).

Get your instant loan approval today.