Home » Campus » Area » 6 robberies near Ohio State’s campus spur public safety notice

6 robberies near Ohio State’s campus spur public safety notice

University police issued a public safety notice following six robberies that occurred near Ohio State’s campus between Tuesday and Wednesday.

Three robberies similar in nature occurred between 10:52 p.m. on Tuesday and 12:34 a.m. on Wednesday, all involving three male suspects, according to an email sent from OSU Emergency Management addressed to members of the OSU community.

In the span of about an hour and a half, three victims were robbed of personal property at three separate locations off-campus: near 122 E. 6th Ave., near 116 E. Woodruff Ave. and near 190 E. 13th Ave., the email stated. In two of these incidents, the victim was assaulted by three suspects, and in one incident, two suspects showed a gun before robbing the victim.

Additionally, three other robberies occurred early in the morning on Tuesday near East 16th Avenue and North Pearl Street, near the 200 block of East Norwich Avenue and near Northwood and Indianola Avenues. None of the victims were seriously injured, but the robberies “could be related” to the three others that occurred later on Tuesday, the email stated.
Anyone with information regarding any of these crimes is encouraged to call Columbus Police or OSU Police, the email stated. Anonymous tips also can be reported to the Central Ohio Crime Stoppers and University Crime Stoppers tip lines.

1. I can’t believe the OSU police did not give more information. No descriptions, no specifics…they didn’t even fully explain the last three robberies.

2. A public service notice is about as useful as a no gun zone.

3. Only six robberie?. OSU has no policing–on or near its very unsafe campus. Columbus has minimal neighborhood policing. We should be relieved that there are not more robberies, assaults, murders around the university. It’s a thieves’ paradise. Only OSU–a very bad neighbor–could care less.