This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Huff Po fires the Donald

Last Friday, Huffington Post announced that their coverage of the Donald Trump presidential campaign would be filed under their entertainment section.

Hmm… who else commented on the campaign in a pop culture column

Ego stroking aside, it’s well recognized that “Pop Opinions” is not Huffington Post. Quite frankly, they should have higher standards.

Huff Po’s Washington bureau chief, Ryan Grim, and its editorial director, Danny Shea, wrote in a paragraph of an article (no one has time for long reads anyway) that, “if you are interested in what The Donald has to say, you’ll find it next to our stories on the Kardashians and ‘The Bachelorette.’”

Washington Post reported on Monday that their latest polls show Donald on top with 24 percent of registered Republicans and Republican-leaning independents favoring him.

The Donald, The Kardashians and “The Bachelorette” might be considered garbage, but people clearly care about garbage.

Part of being a journalist is treating garbage and gold the same way. But what, do I know? I’m not the Huffington Post.

Yet.

Blame it on the whiskey

On Monday, country super couple Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert announced they were getting divorced after four years of marriage.

Everything has apparently gone smoothly so far thanks to prenuptial agreements (Kanye’s advice in “Golddigger” was spot on). Lambert gets the Nashville home and Shelton gets the Oklahoma ranch. One point of contention is the couple’s pets. They have dogs, cats, mini horses, regular horses, pigs … and camels and llamas?

TMZ reported that Lambert has moved her animals out, including a camel and llama. But Us Weekly’s source close to the couple says the country mama has no llama. Or camel.

How does one mistake a horse for a camel? Can camels even survive in Oklahoma?

Animal questions aside, it’s clear that the reigning champs of country love are Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

And that the media this week had a little too much whiskey.