The Ohio State men's soccer team piles on top of midfielder Christian Soldat (13) after he scores the game winning goal with 3 seconds remaining in the second period of extra time during the men's soccer game against Bowling Green State University at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium in Columbus, Ohio on October 7, 2015. OSU won 2-1. Eric Weitz / Lantern Photographer

The Ohio State men’s soccer team piles on top of midfielder Christian Soldat (13) after he scores the game winning goal with 3 seconds remaining in the second period of extra time during the men’s soccer game against Bowling Green State University at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium in Columbus, Ohio on October 7, 2015. OSU won 2-1. Credit: Eric Weitz / Lantern photographer

It was an all-out war between the Ohio State men’s soccer team against Bowling Green as it took two overtimes for the Buckeyes to extend their unbeaten streak to six games.

Junior forward Christian Soldat netted the game-winner for the Buckeyes, improving their record to 5-4-2 overall, while Bowling Green fell to 6-5-0.

It was all OSU for much of the first half, as the Scarlet and Gray claimed control over the Falcons early.

OSU redshirt senior forward Kenny Cunningham nearly scored in the seventh minute, but Bowling Green junior defender/midfielder Jacob Roth came across with the save.

Just one minute after Cunningham’s shot attempt, OSU junior defender Austin Bergstrom scored the Buckeyes’ first goal of the game off a corner kick. Bergstrom’s goal was his first career goal in his 42nd game.

Cunningham attempted another goal in the 12th minute, but a Falcon defender blocked his shot.

In the 19th minute, the Buckeyes earned three back-to-back-to-back corner kicks, but could not convert any of them into a goal.

Bowling Green redshirt junior defender Max Auden attempted a shot in the 35th minute, but the ball went left outside the post.

In the 37th minute, OSU senior midfielder Kyle Culbertson was issued a yellow card after being called for a foul. The Falcons earned a free kick, but a header by freshman forward/midfielder Ryan Ross went high of the post.

While not getting any results early, the Falcons stayed determined to score down just one goal.

With only seven minutes left in the first half, Auden tied the game after an assist from Roth and sophomore defender Alexis Souahy.

In the 41st minute, the Buckeyes tried to answer with a shot by OSU junior forward Danny Jensen, but his attempt just missed the post.

With only one minute left in the half and the game still knotted at one goal apiece, tension started to build between the players as they began trade words amongst one another. A yellow card was given to Bowling Green senior midfielder Jake Martin for his role in the exchange.

After an intense first half, the score remained tied 1-1.

The Buckeyes came out in the second half aggressive, as they looked to shoot often.

In the 57th minute, OSU freshman midfielder Abdi Mohamed attempted a shot from long distance, but the ball sailed high above the post.

OSU senior defender and co-captain Liam Doyle earned a free kick in the 66th minute, but his shot barely missed the net.

Both teams continued to battle each other in the final minutes, but neither could execute, forcing the game into overtime.

There was not much action in the first overtime period as both teams struggled to score.

The Buckeyes were awarded a corner kick in the 99th minute, but a header by Culbertson went high above the goal.

OSU and Bowling Green went back and forth with the ball, struggling to break through the other’s defense, but both teams were still unable to score, bringing the game to double overtime.

In the 105th minute, a free kick by Doyle barely missed Soldat, which would have given the Buckeyes a chance to take the lead.

With time starting to tick away, the Buckeyes kicked it into gear to try to squeeze out a victory.

As the game looked like it was coming to an end, Soldat became the hero in the final seconds as he headed in a shot off a corner kick for the game-winner.

The last-second goal resulted in the Buckeyes walking away with their fourth straight victory, while extending their unbeaten streak to six games.

The Buckeyes will try to run the streak to seven when they are scheduled to head back on the road to face Indiana at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday in Bloomington, Indiana.