Home » Campus » Donald Trump set to come to Columbus

Donald Trump set to come to Columbus

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at a press conference before a public signing for his new book Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again, at Trump Tower on November 3, 2015 in New York City, NY, USA. Photo by Dennis Van Tine/ABACAPRESS.COM

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is coming to Columbus on Monday. He is slated to speak at the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 7 p.m., the communications manager of the Convention Center confirmed to The Lantern.

Trump’s communication department also confirmed the visit via email.

As one of the current frontrunners in the Republican field, Trump is known for making headlines by speaking his mind and not holding back.

Most recently, when Trump spoke in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Monday night, he told the crowd that if he were president he would “bomb the s— out of them,” when referring to the Islamic State.

“You’re talking about sneaky, dirty, underhanded people that want to kill our civilians, they want to go after our civilians, they want to kill — not only our civilians, all over the world — and it’s going to be stopped. What would I do? I’m going to bomb the s— out of them,” Trump said at the Knoxville event. “They’ve gotta be stopped. And they should have been stopped a long time ago.”

Levi Cramer, the communications director for the OSU College Republicans and a third-year in political science, said he believes that while Trump can be extreme in his comments, he brings up good points about how important national security is and how President Barack Obama and his administration are not taking these threats seriously.

“It’s upsetting that Democrats are so out of touch when it comes to national security,” Cramer said.

Mircea Lazar, the communications director for the OSU College Democrats and a third-year in international relations and economics, does not see Trump as a politician.

“He is not really a real politician; he just says what he thinks will fire people up, and unfortunately, sometimes it works,” Lazar said. “College Democrats are not going to roll out the red carpet for him. He can do as he pleases, but we won’t have anything to do with him.”

Cramer said the College Republicans are always happy to see a Republican candidate in the capital of Ohio.

“We are glad any time a republican candidate understands the importance of Ohio,” Cramer said. “I think there are going to be people from campus who are either going to love that he is here or hate that he is here; few will be indifferent.”

Admission to Trump’s speech at the Convention Center is free, but tickets are required. They can be obtained via Eventbrite.

1. Trump is the ONLY candidate on the Democratic or Republican side who will get the country back to its efficient self and get the economy back to where it should be. Trump will bring under control unfair Trade treaties, which should concern all Americans. Businesses that run off to foreign nations, thinking that the grass is always greener on the opposite side will play ball or find themselves paying a 35 % tax (tariff) on everything they import.

THE ONLY WAY DONALD TRUMP CAN LOSE THE NOMINATION, IS BY CONSPIRACY? With Hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens stealthily unlawfully voting, because the GOP elite politicians or the Progressive Liberals and Democrats have the means to rig the elections?

This will provide thousands of jobs and whether you’re a Blue Collar, White Collar, low middle class you know he will be able to rebuild our country, because he has the experience to handle contracts and always won. I am supporting Trump with my vote, because he speaks plainly and understood by the majority of the people in our homeland. He is appealing to Americans as such – not as victims or minorities or some other group seeking special entitlements.

The other candidates of both parties are more concerned with their establishment class, than they are concerned with people like me. I am an old soldier and when talking to my uniformed friends, they are not happy with the way they have been treated. Today, I’m not in a union, not in some subdued ‘ethic minority’; Trump doesn’t see color, creed, religion or birthplace, what he sees is the cost to American workers. We have this constant danger to our society from the illegal alien invasion that Obama has refused to stop. In fact he has hailed anybody who reaches our soil and we pay dearly for it. The Donald is not smooth in his exercise of the statements he makes, but he knows the illegal alien avalanche of unwelcome welfare recipients who are stealing the jobs of black, white, brown Americans.

The loss of jobs for millions of people caused by the companies, which have learned cheap labor, realizes massive profits. THAT IS WHY AMERICAN WORKERS SHOULD DEMAND MANDATORY E-VERIFY IN THE WORKPLACE AS A FIRST DEFENSE? AND FURTHER TO BUILD THE DONALD TRUMP WALL, AS THE SECOND ACTION THAT WILL TAKE TIME? ”I am not on some government program as I earned my retirement. I am not living day today on food stamps. However my grandmother has to survive on her small amount of Social Security money. She called me on the phone to tell me that the government was not adding any extra money to her SS check each month. She likes her independence, but it’s seriously compromised by what she can spend. Millions of Senior Citizens are in the same boat as my elder of the family, but they realize they are being ignored by the current administration.

My grandmother who has reached the age of 86; worked really hard all her life and paid her fair share to the pool and she has adjoined millions of senior that live on the edge. $$100 to 200 Billions of dollars spent on illegal aliens and now hordes of refugees, that some hidden amongst the ranks are Islamic extremists. It is time that this Imperial president is impeached, as he sinking us deeper into a financial quagmire.

Her utilities have been raised, food and taxes for the small house she has resided in all her life. I personally have child support, but still able to send her cash. At the supermarket she sees people who cannot speak English, handing the cashier EBT food stamp cards, buying two cart loads of food with three or four children clutching her side. The other candidates – especially the Democrats, – do not seem to care for the old and infirm–that’s what my grandmother said.

Most governors have already made it clear that they don’t want thousands of Syrian refugees in their states after the lethal Paris terror attacks, but only Congress can in effect stop King Obama’s plan. Only by passing government spending legislation politicians block plans to bring in up to 100,000 more refugees? Tell Congress to use this method to cut the funding for any increase in Syrian refugees and to do it today! Efforts are underway to use must-pass government spending legislation to block Obama’s plans. Tell Congress to cut the funding for an increase in Syrian refugees!

Secretary of State Kerry said the United States would increase the number of refugees admitted into the U.S. from 70,000 to 85,000 next year, with at least 10,000 of the increase going to additional Syrians. The administration plans to increase the number of refugees to 100,000 per year by 2017. IF ANYTHING APPALLING HAPPENS IN FUTURE MONTHS; SHOULD ANY OF THESE SYRIAN REFUGEES ARE IN FACT DANGEROUS ISLAMIC MURDERERS AND THEY MASSACRE AMERICAN AS IN FRANCE, OBAMA WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

NOTE: Read more about the risk from this potential Syrian Refugees at Judicial Watch http://www.judicialwatch.org/ more so take the time and study the ‘CORRUPTION FILES’ and learn what the National Press will hide from the public.

Judicial Watch: Email Reveals Top Aide Huma Abedin Warning State Department Staffer That Hillary Clinton Is “Often Confused” — Judicial Watch released more than 35 pages of emails former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s top aide Huma Abedin revealing that Abedin advised Clinton..READ MORE.

The establishment press is doing their best to disregard the obvious threat of a newly arrived Syrian “refugee” who disappeared from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and the media have also thrown a veil of silence over another totally predictable, but still stunning revelation: eight so-called refugees have got into European states with the same papers as those found on the Paris stadium suicide bomber. Remember these terrorist have been claimed by an insane ideology, welcome death and take victims with them.