Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at a press conference before a public signing for his new book Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again, at Trump Tower on November 3, 2015 in New York City, NY, USA. Photo by Dennis Van Tine/ABACAPRESS.COM

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is coming to Columbus on Monday. He is slated to speak at the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 7 p.m., the communications manager of the Convention Center confirmed to The Lantern.

Trump’s communication department also confirmed the visit via email.

As one of the current frontrunners in the Republican field, Trump is known for making headlines by speaking his mind and not holding back.

Most recently, when Trump spoke in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Monday night, he told the crowd that if he were president he would “bomb the s— out of them,” when referring to the Islamic State.

“You’re talking about sneaky, dirty, underhanded people that want to kill our civilians, they want to go after our civilians, they want to kill — not only our civilians, all over the world — and it’s going to be stopped. What would I do? I’m going to bomb the s— out of them,” Trump said at the Knoxville event. “They’ve gotta be stopped. And they should have been stopped a long time ago.”

Levi Cramer, the communications director for the OSU College Republicans and a third-year in political science, said he believes that while Trump can be extreme in his comments, he brings up good points about how important national security is and how President Barack Obama and his administration are not taking these threats seriously.

“It’s upsetting that Democrats are so out of touch when it comes to national security,” Cramer said.

Mircea Lazar, the communications director for the OSU College Democrats and a third-year in international relations and economics, does not see Trump as a politician.

“He is not really a real politician; he just says what he thinks will fire people up, and unfortunately, sometimes it works,” Lazar said. “College Democrats are not going to roll out the red carpet for him. He can do as he pleases, but we won’t have anything to do with him.”

Cramer said the College Republicans are always happy to see a Republican candidate in the capital of Ohio.

“We are glad any time a republican candidate understands the importance of Ohio,” Cramer said. “I think there are going to be people from campus who are either going to love that he is here or hate that he is here; few will be indifferent.”

Admission to Trump’s speech at the Convention Center is free, but tickets are required. They can be obtained via Eventbrite.