OSU defender Liam Doyle (5) was drafted for the MLS superdraft on Jan 19. Credit: Courtesy of OSU

The Ohio State men’s soccer team lost six seniors to graduation, but now for two of them, their careers on the pitch are not over, as goalkeeper Chris Froschauer and defender Liam Doyle were selected in the MLS SuperDraft on Tuesday.

Froschauer, who played just one season for OSU after transferring from Dayton, was picked by the Colorado Rapids with the second pick in the third round.

Later on, D.C. United, which finished fourth in the Eastern Conference last season, selected Doyle with the sixth pick in the fourth round.

Both players depart Columbus for the professional ranks on the heels of rather successful senior campaigns.

To say Froschauer thrived in his lone season in scarlet and gray might be an understatement.

The 6-foot-4 Union, Kentucky, native’s save percentage of .798 and 10 shutouts were both tops in the conference. Froschauer was named the Big Ten’s Goalkeeper of the Year, while also being selected to the all-Region team.

His goals-against average of 0.88 is the ninth-best single-season clip in OSU history, while his 10 shutouts are tied for third.

Like Froschauer, Doyle’s senior season earned him the conference award for top player in his position, as the Isle of Man, United Kingdom, product was named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year. In all, Doyle nabbed eight postseason awards, three of which were academically focused.

Doyle anchored an OSU defense that allowed just six goals in conference play and 23 overall. In addition, he notched 10 points, comprised of two goals and six assists.

The duo’s selections bring the OSU men’s soccer team’s total number of draftees to 16 all-time, but they are the first two taken since 2012.