The newest project crafted by Pace of Glaciers, an emerging alternative rock group in Columbus and former Columbus’ Own feature, sounds like an hour-long soundtrack for a pleasant, nostalgic dream. On the group’s official website, the band’s first album, “BCEDHIXKO,” pronounced “Buh-seh-deh-koh,” is described as “a journey (they) made in searching for who (they) are.”

That powerful statement is echoed throughout the 11-track LP, floating over the band’s ambient soundscapes. The result is a universal sound that pushes the album along without becoming mundane or repetitive.

An example of the collective’s chemistry can be clearly heard on “Not There,” which prominently features a bold, creeping bass line. However, an ascending background guitar inconspicuously blends two regularly contrasting elements.

This technique is often referred to as “shoegazing,” which includes the heavy use of distortion and feedback to create an airy atmosphere. For Pace of Glaciers’ latest work, it provides flawless song-to-song transition.

It is not until the middle of the album, though, when Ryan Conley (guitar), Stephen Pileski (bass, guitar and vocals), Joey Teale (guitar, keys and vocals) and Tyler Foltz (drums) truly hit their stride.

“Not There” comes at a point in the LP when Pace of Glaciers’ sound really becomes defined. It feels like the moment when dusk turns to darkness, while driving on a barren country road. It’s a mellow setting for lyrics that provide sentimental statements to reflect on alone.

Overall “BCEDHIXKO” plays much like a collection of deep and personal reflections, albeit some that have a darker tone. “I don’t sleep, I don’t eat, I don’t need to call my friends no more,” reads like a cry for help spawned by depression, yet relatable to most at some point in life.

Each track, however, indisputably has its own texture. The hypnotizing bongo and drum breakdown on opening track “Sunseeps” is followed by bandwide chaos before returning to the initial calming nature of the intro on “Birthday.”

“BCEDHIXKO” hits its stride on “Shade,” one track before the outro. It contains some of the most poignant lyrics on the album. “I can’t help but wonder who it is that you are” is a question that most likely will never be answered, but the words further paint the mental struggles expressed throughout the album.

The LP also includes a selection of songs referred to as the “Saint Clair Sessions.” The seven songs are a collection of previous singles the band released leading up to their debut. These tracks don’t stray too far away from the album preceding them.

As mysterious as Pace of Glaciers is, their music and message is clear and relatable, respectively. The band recognizably had a vision while recording “BCEDHIXKO,” and it was evident that it was passionate about that vision.