Comedy Central has a few gems on its network, but I initially didn’t see “Broad City” being one of them.

I actually hadn’t heard of the show until Crissle West, co-host of “The Read” podcast and “Drunk History” commentator, mentioned the show on the podcast. I trust any show, movie or product endorsed by West and her co-host Kid Fury, so I began watching the series. It was one of the best decisions I’ve made to date.

Ilana Wexler and Abbi Abrams are two Jewish 20-something New Yorkers who are usually broke and on a quest to make some fast cash. Wexler is a sexually free cannabis lover who normally devises the wild journeys that she and Abrams go on. Abrams is a janitor at a fitness center where she aspires to be a trainer. The fitness center is also one that refuses to hire Abrams, despite her many attempts to move from bathroom cleaner to trainer.

The show started as a webseries on YouTube from 2010 to 2011 and was later picked up by Comedy Central. It began its first official series in 2014 and has seemingly been a silent hit since.

From the two girls’ plan to steal an air conditioner from college boys’ dorms on a sizzling hot day to my favorite episode when two guys sneakily try to sleep with the duo at the same time, the show’s wonderfully outrageous plots remain my least favorite part of the show. What I admire most about the show is Abrams’ and Wexler’s loyalty and unbreakable bond.

The two will scream each other’s ears off in dire times, but they never take themselves, their work or anything else too seriously. As someone who is known to be a little obsessive about having my entire life figured out, I want in. My best friends are great, and I’d never replace them, but a bond like the Broad Squad’s is my goal. I mean, who wouldn’t want a friend that’d hide your poop when your toilet won’t flush and your crush is around?

I aspire to be a writing, photographing and all-around free-spirited New Yorker who makes it “big-time.” I just hope to have a few of Ilana and Abbi’s misadventures waiting for me.