Home » Campus » Former band director Jon Waters hired by Heidelberg University

Former band director Jon Waters hired by Heidelberg University

Former OSU Marching Band director Jonathan Waters speaks in an interview with The Lantern Aug. 7 at Bob Evan's. Credit: Aaron Yerian / Lantern TV Asst. sports director

Former OSU Marching Band director Jonathan Waters speaks in an interview with The Lantern Aug. 7 at Bob Evan’s. Credit: Lantern File Photo

Former Ohio State marching band director Jon Waters will make his return as a university band director, this time in Tiffin, Ohio.

Heidelberg University announced Monday that Waters has been hired as an assistant professor of music education and director of bands at the university.

Heidelberg University Provost Beth Schwartz said in a release that the university is excited to include Waters among the school’s faculty.

“We are confident that Jon will bring great energy, enthusiasm and expertise to the School of Music and Theatre and to the university,” she said.

Waters is set to begin July 1, according to the release.

Heidelberg’s website boasts that the university has taught music for more than a century. It is an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music, according to the association’s website.

OSU announced in July 2014 that Waters would be fired after an investigation found the band contained a sexualized culture.

Christopher Hoch is expected to serve as director of OSU Marching and Athletic Bands, effective June 1, after serving as interim director since May.

1. Shame on Ohio State for turning its back on the best band director in the country. Drake, Wadsworth, Steinmetz, Blatti, Mikkelson, Fischer and their accomplices will cook in their own stew. Chris Hoch is a man who turned on his own mentor. Godspeed Jon Waters, these people don’t deserve you.

• OSU 3x Alum and employee

Don’t forget to mention the previous administration as this action was started before Dr. Drake got here-
      people tend to forget this and it is imortant – and that means Elwood and Joe-