1. As per a text and email from the Buckeye Alert system, an armed robbery took place in the Safe Auto Garage by a suspected 30-year-old woman who stole a victim’s cell phone on Saturday at approximately 4:51 p.m. The woman is described as a thin black woman with a tattoo on her right forearm with unknown writing. The Columbus Police Department asks anyone with information to contact the station at 614-292-2121.
Update as of June 27 at 6:30 p.m.: The Ohio State University Police Department has identified and confirmed the arrest of the suspect and has made plans to work with the Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office to pursue criminal prosecution.
2. A Smith & Wesson semi-automatic handgun was reported stolen from a man’s car parked at his apartment located near West Eighth and Hunter avenues on Thursday between 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
3. After a second occurrence, a woman reported her tires had been slashed twice in two days on June 20 between 11 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. near East Fifth Avenue and North High Street. Suspects remain unknown as the victim is unsure of possible suspects.
4. A nonaffiliated man was arrested for an OVI on June 19 at 11:54 p.m. on Lane Avenue and Olentangy River Road.
5. A male staff member reported a known suspect with possession of drug abuse instruments near Wexner Medical Center’s University Hospital East on June 20 at 4:05 p.m.
6. A nonaffiliated man was arrested for assault on June 20 at 1:24 a.m. at the North Sub Base parking lot.
Note: Crimes featured on the map do not represent the full extent of criminal activity in the campus area.