Former OSU first baseman Jacob Bosiokovic at bat versus Wright State on June 5. Courtesy: OSU Athletics

Last week at the 2016 MLB First-Year Player Draft, six Ohio State players were selected — the most since six were taken in the 1998 draft.

One week later, it has been confirmed that all six of those Buckeyes will play professional baseball. OSU coach Greg Beals told The Lantern that each former OSU player has signed an MLB contract, which includes four underclassmen.

The Buckeyes were set to lose nine seniors from the 2016 group that won a Big Ten tournament championship. With outfielders Ronnie Dawson and Troy Montgomery, first baseman Jacob Bosiokovic and starting pitcher Tanner Tully all signing with a year of eligibility left, the Buckeyes will now have to replace six of their starting nine hitters as well as two members of their starting rotation.

The first player drafted for the Buckeyes was Dawson, who was taken in the second round with the 61st overall pick by the Houston Astros. According to MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart, he signed a deal with a bonus of $1,056,800.

Montgomery was drafted 246th overall in the eighth round by the Los Angeles Angels. His bonus was worth $150,000.

In the 19th round of the draft, the Colorado Rockies selected Bosiokovic. The 560th pick in the draft was signed with a bonus of $40,000. He flew out Monday to join the Rockies short-season single-A affiliate, the Boise Hawks.

“I really didn’t know (I would be drafted) until I had spoken with (the Rockies) after the second day of the draft,” Bosiokovic said. “They were asking me what my signability was, but I really didn’t know what was going to happen until I got the phone call from our area scout.”

Left-handed reliever Michael Horejsei was also selected in the draft, taken in the 21st round with the 626th overall pick, but it is unknown at this time how much he signed for. According to Baseball America, the slot value for his place in the draft is $100,000.

Co-captain and third baseman Nick Sergakis was taken later in the 23rd round of the draft with the 700th pick in the draft and signed with the New York Mets for a bonus of $5,000.

The final Buckeye taken in the draft was left-handed ace Tanner Tully, who signed with the Indians on a $100,000 bonus after being selected in the 26th round with the 782nd overall pick.