The sun sets on Goodale St. in Columbus, Ohio. Credit: Courtesy of Mason Swires | Asst. Photo Editor

Thursday, June 30

1-800- BAND, at Ace of Cups, 2619 N. High St. The Brooklyn pop rock band is set to take the stage with opening act Columbus’ own The Girls! $6.70 with fees via Ticketfly, $6 at the door the day of, and $5 from the box office in advance. Ages 18+.

Food Truck Food Court, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Columbus Commons, 160 S High St. Food trucks such as Mikey’s Late Night Slice, DareDevil Dogs, and Cheesy Truck will be gathered at the Columbus Commons. Admission is free.

Emily & The Complexes, 9 p.m. at the Spacebar, 2590 N High St. Openers The Cordial Sins and Speaking Suns will be sharing the stage with the indie folk-rock group Emily and the Complexes. Admission is $5 at the door, $7 if under 21.

Friday, July 1

Red, White and Boom! throughout downtown Columbus. Celebrate the Fourth at the 36th annual Red, White and Boom event. Activities include a parade, food festival, and fireworks show. 

The Purge: Election Year, 8:30 p.m. at Gateway Film Center, See the thriller sequel for free courtesy of OUAB. Buck-ID is required. 

The Francis Bacon Band record release show, 9 p.m. at Ace of Cups, 2619 N High St. This local folk-rock band will be celebrating the release of their new album, “Retreat.” Egon Gone and the Sundogs and Lyon’s Ghost are set to open. Admission is $5 at the door, ages 21+.

Saturday, July 2

Local n’ Live, 3 p.m. at the World of Beer outdoor beer garden, 1568 N. High St. A weekly summer event featuring local musicians. Ruvane will be playing 3-5 p.m. and Magnumb Opus 7-9 p.m. 

Picnic with the Pops, 8 – 10 p.m. at Columbus Commons, 160 S. High St. Bring some blankets and see the Columbus Symphony Orchestra. Tickets are $25 for general admission, not including fees.

Gallery Hop, 4-10 p.m. in the Short North Arts District. Shops and galleries stay open late and musicians and performers perform along the street for the monthly event. 

Will Bennett & The Tells Album Release Party, 9 p.m. at Spacebar, 2590 N. High St. Celebrate the release of the debut album, “Wichita,” from the local rock four-piece. Admission is $7 for 18+ and $5 for 21+. 

Sunday, July 3

Pere Ubu, 8 p.m. at Ace of Cups, 2619 N. High St. Pere Ubu, an avante-garde garage band will be joined by opener Obnox. Admission is $20 at the door.

Monday, July 4

Hannah’s Pick:  Doo Dah Parade, 1 p.m. The 33rd annual parade is dedicated to celebrating “liberty and lunacy.” The parade around Goodale Park and onto Neil Ave from 2nd to Lane. An accompanying block party is also set to take place on Buttles Avenue between High Street and Park Street from 10 a.m.- 7 p.m. Admission is free and all are welcome to join the parade and party, no registration required. 

Regina’s Pick:  WWE Monday Night Raw , 7:30 p.m. at Nationwide Arena, 200 W. Nationwide Blvd. John Cena and Dean Ambrose will face off against Seth Rollins and AJ Styles. Tickets start at $30.35 including fees via Ticketmaster.

Tuesday, July 5

Phillip Phillips and Matt Nathanson, 6 p.m. at EXPRESS LIVE!, 405 Neil Ave. The singer-songwriter, best known for his 2012 hit “Home,” will be performing along with Matt Nathanson. Tickets are $43.85 including fees via Ticketmaster.

SWMRS, 8 p.m. at Rumba Cafe, 2507 Summit St. The self-described “Oakland beach punks” are set to take the stage with opening act Partybaby. Admission is $12 including fees via TicketWeb. Ages under 21 pay an additional $2 at the door.  

Wednesday, July 6

Ghost, 7:30 p.m. at Ohio Theatre, 39 E. State St. See the 1990 romantic film starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore as a part of CAPA’s Summer Movie Series.  Day of show tickets available for $4 one hour before show at the Ohio Theatre kiosk, cash only. 

Banditos, doors at 8 p.m. at Ace of Cups, 2619 N. High St. The Alabama-based garage rock band is set to share the stage with local band Mama. Admission is $7.73 including fees. Ages 18+. 

“Weird Al” Yankovic, 8 p.m. at Palace Theatre, 34 W. Broad St. The Grammy award-winning comedy recording artist makes a stop in Columbus as a part of his “The Mandatory World Tour.” Tickets start at $41.35 including fees. 

AWOLNATION, 6:30 p.m. at EXPRESS LIVE!, 405 Neil Ave. Known for their hit “Sail,” the electronic-rock band is set to share the stage with Mona and Irontom. Tickets start at $43.85 including fees via Ticketmaster.