Ohio State junior swimmer Lindsey Clary competes at the Big Ten championships in February, 2016. Credit: OSU Athletics

Ohio State entered the Olympic Swimming Trials with 34 swimmers competing for a spot on the team, but none of them managed to crack the United States swimming group heading to Rio later in the summer.

The results found below are from the trials going from Wednesday until the conclusion of the trials on Sunday. For the results on the first three days, click this link.

On Tuesday, the first event for the Buckeyes was the women’s 200-meter freestyle match. The school’s lone representative was graduate Alex Norris who finished 30th with a time of 2:01.02.

The second event on the third day was the women’s 200-meter individual medley. Senior Lindsey Clary represented the Scarlet and Gray and placed 23rd with a time of 2:16.70.

Junior Gregory Nymberg competed in the men’s 200-meter butterfly on Tuesday, finishing 45th with a time of 2:01.82.

Day four of the event saw plenty of OSU swimmers compete. In the men’s 100-meter freestyle, senior Josh Fleagle advanced to the semifinals after placing 17th with a time of 49.58 in the preliminaries. He would be knocked out in the semifinals after only placing 16th with a time of 49.70. Also in that event was junior Nathan Christian who placed 66th with a time of 50.98 and graduate Tim Phillips who finished 23rd with a time of 49.89.

Also for the men on day four was the 200-meter breaststroke. Two Buckeyes competed in that event, graduate D.J. MacDonald who finished 27th with a time of 2:16.68 and sophomore Brandon Fronczak who placed 83rd after completing the event in two minutes and 21.16 seconds.

The third and final event for the Buckeyes on Wednesday was the women’s 200-meter butterfly. Clary finished 69th with a time of 2:17.23 while Amanda McNulty completed the race with a time of 2:17.55, good for 76th in the race.

The fifth day of the trials held four preliminary events of which the Buckeyes participated in three. First up for the Bucks was the women’s 200-meter breaststroke. The sole member of the Scarlet and Gray was junior Katie Antal who finished 108th after completing the event with a time of 2:38.32.

The next event up for the Buckeyes on that day was the men’s 200-meter individual medley. Three Buckeyes raced in that event with senior Andrew Appleby placing the highest at 35th with a time of 2:04.11. Next up was graduate Chris DePietro who placed 77th with a time of 2:07.41. Lastly was sophomore Gus Whiteman who had a time of 2:12.55 and finished 88th.

Whiteman also participated in the 200-meter backstroke, but his time was disqualified.

On Friday, the sixth session of the trials began, and OSU again was well represented, having competitors in all four morning events. The men’s 50-meter freestyle event saw three Buckeye swimmers compete. Senior Matt McHugh finished 46th overall with a time of 23.04; freshman Mossimo Chavez finished 61st with a time of 23.15 and junior Kevin Musterait placed 124th with a time of 23.56.

The next men’s event, the 100-meter butterfly, saw one swimmer do particularly well. Graduate Tim Phillips finished second in the preliminary trials with a time of 51.68, .19 seconds better than 22-time Olympic medal winner Michael Phelps. Phillips again finished second in the next round, this time with a time of 51.28. He could not replicate his success in the finals as he placed fifth in the event with a time of 51.44.

Also competing in the event was Matt McHugh who finished 48th with a time of 54.19. Behind him was sophomore Michael Salazar who placed 51st with a time of 54.26 and Nymberg who finished with a time of 55.09, 89th best at the event.

The first women’s event on Friday morning saw the Buckeyes’ leading swimmer Clary (who competed in a school-best five events) compete in the 800-meter freestyle. She was the lone member of OSU in the vent and she placed 15th with a time of 8:41.90.

The women’s 200-meter backstroke was the final heat on Friday morning. Only senior Kaitlyn Ferrara swam for OSU and she placed 54th with a time of 2:16.15.

The events continued on until Sunday, but the final day with any OSU swimmers was Saturday. The women’s 50-meter freestyle event had four OSU swimmers competing in the event of 180 swimmers. First among the Bucks and 75th overall was junior Macie McNichols who finished with a time of 26.21. The remaining three swimmers were junior Cheyenne Meek who finished 125th with a time of 26.55, graduate Annie Jongekrijg who finished 145th with a time of 26.70 and graduate Rachael Dzierzak who placed 160th with a time of 26.83.

The only event for the men on Saturday was the men’s 1,500-meter freestyle event. The lone competitor for the Bucks was junior Brayden Seal who finished 75th with a time of 15:58.50.