Google Crime Map, Photo Illustration by Mitch Hooper | Engagement Editor

1. At 1:51 a.m. on Friday, after MIA Hookah had closed, surveillance cameras caught a suspect entering and stealing the tip jar containing $20 from the cashier stand while the other suspect waited in the vehicle behind the building. Charges of theft and complicity aid were filed with the Columbus Division of Police.
  2. Charges of assault were filed on Friday at 12:14 a.m. when a woman reported she had been struck several times with a baseball bat on East Fourth Avenue near Hamlet Street; the suspect was located and arrested by the Columbus Police.
  3. A man reported an aggravated robbery which occurred on Tuesday at 1:25 a.m. on North High Street and East Fifth Avenue after three suspects approached him in an attempt to steal his belongings. The report stated two of the suspects were armed so the victim attempted to flee. Although it was filed as a robbery, no property was reported stolen.
  4. A male student was arrested by the Ohio State Department of Public Safety near Mirror Lake on Friday at 2:25 a.m. for obstructing official business.
  5. A nonaffiliated man was arrested near the Ohio Stadium on Wednesday at 9:05 p.m. for disorderly conduct.
  6. A reported $2,650 worth of equipment — including power drills, copper wire and a camera system — were stolen on the 1900 block of Indianola Avenue as reported on Monday at 11 a.m.

Note: Crimes featured on this map do not represent the full extent of criminal activity in the campus area.