Vendors serve beer to attendees at a past Columbus Beerfest. Credit: Courtesy of Craig Johnson

Vendors serve beer to attendees at a past Columbus Beerfest.
Credit: Courtesy of Craig Johnson

Thursday, August 4

“Wanda” and “Winter’s Bone,” 7 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. at the Wexner Center for the Arts. Indie films “Wanda” and “Winter’s Bone,” the latter starring Jennifer Lawrence, are both set to be shown in 35mm as part of the “Don’t Call Me Honey: Fierce Women of Film” summer film series. Admission is $6 for students.

Jeff Dunham, 7 p.m. in the Celeste Center at Ohio Expo Center and State Fair, 717 E. 17th Ave. Ventriloquist and comedian Jeff Dunham is set to perform stand-up at the Celeste Center. Tickets are $45.25 including fees via Ticketmaster.

Frankie Cosmos, 7 p.m. at Ace of Cups, 2619 N. High St. The New York singer-songwriter is set to be joined by Atlanta-based band Warehouse. Admission is $13 in advance and $15 at the door. All ages.

COSI After Dark, 5:30-10 p.m. at the Center of Science and Industry, 333 W. Broad St. The science museum opens its doors late for an adults-only event. Tickets are $14 in advance or $16 at the door, 21+.

Friday, August 5

Columbus Summer Beerfest begins, 6:30 at EXPRESS LIVE!, 405 Neil Ave. The seventh annual Beerfest kicks off with a portion of the proceeds going to Animal Rescue Partners. Regular admission is $40 in advance via CincyTicket Solutions, or $50 day-of and designated drivers’ tickets are $20, 21+.

J.D. Eicher, 7:30 p.m. at the Scioto Mile, 233 S. Civic Center Drive. Pop-rock singer-songwriter J.D. Eicher is set to perform. Admission is free.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” dusk at the Scioto Mile, 233 S. Civic Center Drive. The newest installation of the Star Wars franchise will be screened as a part of Movies on the Mile series. Admission is free.

Keith Sweat and After 7, 7 p.m. in the Celeste Center at Ohio Expo Center and State Fair, 717 E. 17th Ave. The R&B and soul singer-songwriter is set to perform as part of the Ohio State Fair. Tickets are $29.75 including fees via Ticketmaster.

“Nuts!”, 7 p.m. on Aug. 5-6 at the Wexner Center for the Arts. A documentary about a depression-era conman Dr. John Romulus Brinkley will be screened. Admission is $6 for students.

Saturday, August 6

Hannah’s Pick: Gallery Hop,  4-10 p.m. in the Short North Arts District. Explore Columbus’ Short North Arts District, while many restaurants and galleries staying open later than usual. No charge for participation.

Matthew West with Lauren Daigle, 7 p.m.  in the Celeste Center at Ohio Expo Center and State Fair, 717 E. 17th Ave. Contemporary Christian singer-songwriters are set to perform at the Ohio State Fair. Tickets are $24.75 including fees via Ticketmaster.

Sunday, August 7

Regina’s Pick: Summer Flea, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. at Seventh Son Brewing Company, 1101 N 4th St. The brewery will be hosting a flea market with a variety of vendors. Admission is free.

Hocking River String Band, 12:30-2 p.m. at Goodale Park, 120 W. Goodale St. The folk band is set to play as part of Goodale Park Music Series. Admission is free.

Broods, doors open at 6:30 p.m. at A&R Music Bar, 391 Neil Ave. The New Zealand electropop duo is set to play with opener Jarryd James. Tickets are $22 in advance and $25 the day of the show.

Monday, August 8

The Hush Sound, doors open at 6:30 p.m. at A&R Music Bar, 391 Neil Ave. The alt-rock band from Chicago is set to perform with openers Merriment and Falls. Tickets are $21.85 including fees.

Broncho, 7:30 p.m. at the Basement, 391 Neil Ave. The Oklahoma-based indie-rock band is set to play with opener Billy Changer. Tickets are $17.20 including fees via Ticketmaster.

Tuesday, August 9

Honne, doors open at 7 p.m. at The Basement, 391 Neil Ave. The electronic soul duo from the UK are set to perform with opener JONES. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 the day of the show not including fees.

Future Science, 8 p.m. at Shadowbox Live, 503 S. Front St. This touring TED Talks-style comedy sketch show features actors posing as famous historical scientists. Tickets are $5.

Wednesday, August 10

Weird Wednesday at Scarlet and Grey Cafe, 9 p.m. at the Scarlet and Grey Cafe, 2203 N. High St. This week’s Weird Wednesday concert features artists Love Alive, Wild Adriatic, Major and the Monbacks. Admission is $5.

The Social Animals, doors open at 7 p.m. at The Basement, 391 Neil Ave. The indie-rock band is set to perform. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 the day of the show, not including fees.