Home » Sports » Football » No charges filed against former OSU running back Ezekiel Elliott after domestic violence allegation

No charges filed against former OSU running back Ezekiel Elliott after domestic violence allegation

Then-OSU junior running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) runs with the ball to the end zone during a game against Michigan on Nov. 28 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Credit: Lantern File Photo

Then-OSU running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) runs with the ball to the end zone during a game against Michigan on Nov. 28 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Credit: Lantern File Photo

The Columbus City Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday that it will not be pursuing domestic violence charges against former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The news was first reported by Drew Davison, a reporter for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

On July 22, Elliott was accused of domestic violence by a woman alleging to be an ex-girlfriend. The woman, Tiffany Thompson, claimed Elliott had struck her multiple times while in a parked car. Thompson posted pictures on Instagram of her bruises. According to a press release from the prosecutor’s office, Thompson claimed instances of domestic violence on five separate occasions during an interview with the Columbus Division of Police.

Elliott was never arrested for the allegations, and the investigation hit a stalemate after conflicting reports and a lack of evidence.

The prosecutor’s office declined to press charges “primarily due to conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence to support the filing of criminal charges,” the release said.

1. In other words, Elliot is too important to jail. He should always remember though, he’s not too big to whup. #hatewomanbeaters

• In other words, the woman making the claims was probably lying. Some women do that….. #Mattressgirlfalseaccusation, #dukelacrossefalseaccusation, #rollingstonefalseaccusation, etc. etc…..

2. Another word is that white girls and women think they can use black men for their pons and then make accusations of domestic violence one the gladiator has hit the big time stage of any sport so that money can be extorted from the athlete. Nothing more nothing less. Why did she not report the violence when it happened and not until he had his million dollar contract with the NFL. As long as women and girls wait until they hear and see the dollar signs, I am a female and I will not believe them until they come forward when the incident happens. I don’t condone men who beat women, but women take the responsibility in your own life and take that individual to task when the incident happens. Mistreating women will never be a priority if you cannot step forward when the incident happens.