Then-OSU junior running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) runs with the ball to the end zone during a game against Michigan on Nov. 28 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Credit: Lantern File Photo

Then-OSU running back Ezekiel Elliott (15) runs with the ball to the end zone during a game against Michigan on Nov. 28 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Credit: Lantern File Photo

The Columbus City Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday that it will not be pursuing domestic violence charges against former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The news was first reported by Drew Davison, a reporter for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

On July 22, Elliott was accused of domestic violence by a woman alleging to be an ex-girlfriend. The woman, Tiffany Thompson, claimed Elliott had struck her multiple times while in a parked car. Thompson posted pictures on Instagram of her bruises. According to a press release from the prosecutor’s office, Thompson claimed instances of domestic violence on five separate occasions during an interview with the Columbus Division of Police.

Elliott was never arrested for the allegations, and the investigation hit a stalemate after conflicting reports and a lack of evidence.

The prosecutor’s office declined to press charges “primarily due to conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence to support the filing of criminal charges,” the release said.