OSU center Pat Elflein wraps his hand around the football during the first game of the 2016 season against Bowling Green on Sept. 3 in Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes won 77-10. Credit: Mason Swires | Assistant Photo Edit

Following a 45-24 victory over the No. 14 Oklahoma Sooners, Ohio State rose to the No. 2 spot in the weekly Associated Press Top 25 Poll. They had previously been ranked third, but a loss from No. 13 Florida State (formerly ranked No. 2) opened up a spot in the top two, allowing the Buckeyes to move up a spot.

Alabama remains in the top spot this week following its dispatching of then-No. 19 Ole Miss, and Louisville checked in at No. 3 after a 63-20 victory over the Seminoles. Michigan is ranked No. 4 and Clemson rounds out the top five.

Nebraska advanced to No. 20 after defeating previously-ranked No. 22 Oregon 35-32.

Despite Iowa dropping out of the top 25, the Big Ten still has five teams in the latest AP poll. Along with OSU, Michigan and Nebraska, Michigan State moved up to No. 8 after slaying Notre Dame on the road, and Wisconsin comes in at No. 11, dropping two spots.

The Buckeyes received four first place votes.