Home » Campus » Trump to hold private event in Columbus on Thursday

Trump to hold private event in Columbus on Thursday

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks during a rally at the John Glenn Columbus International Airport on March 1. Credit: Lantern File Photo

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is set to hold a “Millennial rally” on Thursday in Columbus, according to an internal email from Ohio State’s chapter of Students for Trump obtained by The Lantern.

The location of the private event was not disclosed, although the email did state that it was likely the last time Trump would be in Columbus before election day.

The email has a Tuesday timestamp.

The event is not listed on Trump’s campaign website, although he is slated to be in Cincinnati on Thursday for a 7:30 p.m. event.

The event comes on the heels of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s public rally on the South Oval, held on Monday.

Representatives for Trump’s Ohio campaign and Students for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

1. Hell yeah. Can’t wait!

Students for Change! Students for Trump!

2. There is no doubt that a Trump presidency will result in an abundance of jobs for current and incoming students, not to mention higher salaries as the economy grows. He may talk trash at times. No one condones this. However, Hillary has humiliated, abused and threatened rape victims and women her husband has sexually abused over a thirty year period, never once apologizing to those women. What kind of woman ruins the reputations of other women just so she and her husband can get rich and achieve political office? At the end of the day, with no other choices, I can tolerate someone who talks, but I will NOT tolerate people who hurt other women. I have a mother, a wife and a soon to be daughter-in-law. I once thought that Bill and Hillary Clinton had so much potential when they first burst onto the national scene. Little did I know how vicious and hateful they were to become. Very disappointing.

• Do you have any evidence for your claims about hillary? Of course you don’t, because it’s not true! It’s appealing that you can stand up for a candidate for President the jokes about sexually assaulting women. That’s not ok.

• Are you serious? This is not speculation. There is ample evidence: A legal document she filed in a rape of a 12 year old. This is public record, two audio tapes of her laughing about getting the rapist off and admitting that he was guilty. There are numerous media articles that go back to the late 1980’s where she defended her husband and tried to ruin the reputations of the women he had affairs with or forced himself on. These are now historical facts. At least one of the women won a significant lawsuit against the Clintons for his sexual abuse and her involvement. It is all pretty sick. As I said, I do not condone or defend what Trump said. However, when looking at relative behavior, him joking about sexual abuse and her participating in it are completely different stories. Its like someone saying they will kill someone, and another person actually committing murder. Neither are acceptable, but which is worse?