Donald Trump Jr., Donald Trump's son speaks on the second day of the Republican National Convention on July 19, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. Credit: TNS

Donald Trump Jr., Donald Trump’s son speaks on the second day of the Republican National Convention on July 19, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. Credit: TNS

Donald Trump Jr., son of the Republican presidential nominee, is set to visit Columbus for a private event Tuesday evening, according to an email obtained by The Lantern on Monday night and confirmed by the Donald Trump campaign Tuesday morning.

The email was sent by Victoria L. Barton, student and millennial outreach coordinator for the Donald Trump campaign.

“We are very excited to have millennials and students for an amazing high energy event with Don Jr.,” the email stated. The event is billed as “exclusive and private.” The email invite also stated that interested attendees must RSVP, and will receive the event’s location and time in a follow-up email.

The event is slated to take place at 6:15 p.m. in the Performance Hall of the Ohio Union, according to a release provided by Trump’s Ohio campaign spokesman Seth Unger after The Lantern requested to confirm details of the event.

The last time Donald Trump Jr. was set to visit Columbus — slated to include a tailgate tour at Ohio Stadium before the OSU-Indiana game on Oct. 8, with Tomi Lahren of The Blaze — the event was cancelled.

President Barack Obama is also scheduled to campaign in the Columbus area on Tuesday, at an event for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. The event is slated to take place at 4:30 p.m. at the Capital University Field House.

Both events take place a week before Election Day.

Nick Roll contributed to this article.