Home » Sports » Football » Full 1916 throwback uniforms released for Nebraska on Saturday

Full 1916 throwback uniforms released for Nebraska on Saturday

No. 6 Ohio State will wear 1916 throwback uniforms versus No. 9 Nebraska on Nov. 5. Credit: @darrenrovell

The No. 6 Ohio State Buckeyes’ primetime matchup versus No. 9 Nebraska in Ohio Stadium on Saturday is a golden opportunity to prove in front of a national audience that they’re one of college football’s premier teams. Based on their uniform choice, the Buckeyes are already coming into the game with style.

The Scarlet and Gray will have a different look this week, wearing 1916 throwback uniforms to honor late, great OSU running back Chic Harley, who played at OSU from 1916-17 and 1919. He spent the 1918 season in the military, which is the reason OSU chose this week — the military appreciation game — to wear replica jerseys from 1916 in respect for Harley’s sacrifices.

Ohio Stadium is sometimes referred to as “The House that Harley Built.”

Darren Rovell of ESPN tweeted out the full look the Buckeyes will be donning on Saturday in the ‘Shoe.

1. Not completely hating this year’s throwback uniforms. But, when are the designers going to try to actually get creative?
    How about chrome helmets and mylar (chrome) striping and numbers. Or maybe two tone gray camo with red stripes and numbers with white piping. Add a matte gray helmet red stripes with white trim. You can stay with the buckeye scarlet and gray, just turn the page.
    The black was too far from traditional but all gray with red with white trim of course or the chrome thing might shake things up just enough to actually look like something new.

2. No. they should never get too creative. Stick with the classic looks and for god sakes no camo of any kind.

The black uniforms were an abomination especially with the black helmets with ‘red’ Buckeye stickers. Just awful.