OSU junior forward Nichelle Prince (7) dribbles the ball during a game agaisnt Minnesota on Sept. 17 at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. OSU lost 1-2. Credit: Sam Harris

The Ohio State women’s soccer team’s season added at least one more game to its season Monday night after the Buckeyes were selected to compete in the NCAA Tournament.

OSU finished the regular season with a 10-6-3 (4-4-3 Big Ten) record, and will host the Dayton Flyers in the first round at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, with a 6 p.m. scheduled kick-off.  The Flyers come to Columbus with a 9-9-3 regular season record, also having captured the Atlantic 10 Tournament championship.

This tournament bid marks the 11th time the Buckeyes will compete in the NCAA Tournament, and is the seventh in the last eight seasons. OSU joins seven other Big Ten teams in this year’s tournament, including Minnesota, Penn State, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan and Nebraska.

With their last matchup being on Oct. 26 versus Penn State, the Buckeyes will have had a total of three weeks’ rest before Saturday’s game.  Dayton presents a tough lineup for OSU, as junior forward Alexis Kiehl is tied for the NCAA lead in total goals scored this season with 20.

The winner will move on to the next round, facing either Northern Kentucky or West Virginia, who OSU played in the regular season.