A student walks past the valet area outside Ohio State University Hospital on Nov. 30. Credit: Michael Huson | Managing Editor for Content

A 36-year-old man was arrested at the Ohio State University Hospital on Tuesday after allegedly fighting with security staff while dressed in surgical scrubs.

Arthur Joseph Allen was arrested by University Police at Doan Hall, located inside the university hospital. He has been charged with criminal trespassing, a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

Police responded to a report of an individual impersonating a doctor at about 3 p.m. on Tuesday.

Allen knowingly entered and remained inside a Doan Hall lounge restricted to physicians employed by the university, according to court records. There, while reportedly donning OSU hospital scrubs, he allegedly refused to identify himself when questioned by hospital staff.

He was placed under arrest by University Police after hospital staff determined he was not a fellow employee, according to court records.

The university declined to comment on the incident.

Allen was scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday morning. He pled not guilty to the criminal trespass charge. A request for comment was not returned by the attorney with the public defender’s office that court records show is assigned to the case.

Allen had yet to post bond as of Thursday afternoon, according to the Franklin County Clerk of Courts. He is expected to appear for a court hearing set for Tuesday.