President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a rally at the Columbus international airport on March 1, while he was running for 2016 GOP presidential nomination. Credit: Lantern File Photo

President-elect Donald Trump is set to visit Ohio State on Thursday for a private event at the Schottenstein Center.

The purpose of the visit is to speak with victims of the Nov. 28 attack on campus committed by Abdul Razak Ali Artan, a third-year in logistics management, which left Artan dead and 11 in the hospital, said OSU spokesman Chris Davey. Trump is also set to speak with first responders from the incident.

“These private events will be held in meeting spaces at the Schottenstein Center on Thursday afternoon and are closed to the news media and the general public,” Davey said in an email.  

The president-elect is expected to address the press following the private meetings.

The event is not open to the public, and is not listed on Trump’s campaign website, which has stops listed for Trump’s post-election “USA Thank You Tour.”

“Our nation’s leaders routinely make visits to Ohio State,” Davey said. “The university works to welcome these visits while minimizing disruption to the campus community.”

A request for comment was not immediately returned by Trump’s presidential transition team.

Multiple requests made Wednesday for information regarding the confirmation of the event or the reservation of rooms in Trump’s name were denied by Schott employees.